• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Preseason

also dipshit is so underrated as an insult. It just rolls off the tongue with ease and impact. So, good on ya.

I'll do a Ravens preview for you after I see a couple of the preseason games and get a sense for how the OL looks and how Kubiak's O looks. Our issues are OL and secondary depth, but we should be solid elsewhere unless Joe goes down for the year or something. But then again, that's the same for most teams.

I'm curious about the Raiders. Yeah they were bad last year but I think they finally got management in place that has a competent vision and decided just to take their medicine last year in an effort to get right cap wise for the future. I felt like the Kalil Mack pick was big statement in laying out the future identity of that FO (assuming he pans out…looking at you Aaron Curry) i.e. no more Darius Heyward Bey's.

I'll do a Ravens preview for you after I see a couple of the preseason games and get a sense for how the OL looks and how Kubiak's O looks. Our issues are OL and secondary depth, but we should be solid elsewhere unless Joe goes down for the year or something. But then again, that's the same for most teams.

How did Matt Elam look last year? I thought that dude was a steal draft time.

Germany is supposedly big on American football. When the World League folded, almost all the terms were in Germany.

that actually sound about right though I think England was still fielding a couple.

Panthers lost your entire receiving corps and the entire secondary, which you replaced with cast offs from the Saints and Falcons, who also had horrible secondaries last year. All because you wanted to lock up two mediocre running backs, perhaps the easiest low dollar plug and play position on the field.

GM should be fired yesterday.

I like the Mack pick too, but the Raiders still suck, and I'd put their O/U at 3.

Elam had a mediocre at best rookie year. He's good around the LOS, but he wasn't good in coverage, and they had him playing out of position at FS. So they let Ihedegbo go FA in the offseason and picked up Stewart and drafted Brooks to play FS. So we're expecting more out of Elam this year now that he's had a year under his belt and is back at his more natural position of SS.

Panthers lost your entire receiving corps and the entire secondary, which you replaced with cast offs from the Saints and Falcons, who also had horrible secondaries last year. All because you wanted to lock up two mediocre running backs, perhaps the easiest low dollar plug and play position on the field.

Didn't they fire their GM a year or 2 ago? Their problem starts at the top with Richardson. Fox was a good coach and they fired him. And now will fire Ron if he only wins 6-7 games this year. When yes, the FO is the problem. Thank god for Steve Bisciotti and Ozzie Newsome.

Campy plays tonight. Any other Wake guys?

Did Whitlock catch on w/ anyone?

Thanks! Hope Marvin can find him a spot at least on the PS.

Btw, the first annoying as hell commercial of the football season has been on today at least 70 times during the PGA Champ. Dish Network, w/ Heath Shuler and "The Boz."

That GM was fired. Our secondary and WR corps sucked last year too.

Didn't they fire their GM a year or 2 ago? Their problem starts at the top with Richardson. Fox was a good coach and they fired him. And now will fire Ron if he only wins 6-7 games this year. When yes, the FO is the problem. Thank god for Steve Bisciotti and Ozzie Newsome.

Fox had been in Carolina too long, and had 3 winning seasons in 9 years. He's also now in a perfect situation for his coaching style as he can focus completely on defense and just hand off the reins to the offense.

I'm curious about the Raiders. Yeah they were bad last year but I think they finally got management in place that has a competent vision and decided just to take their medicine last year in an effort to get right cap wise for the future. I felt like the Kalil Mack pick was big statement in laying out the future identity of that FO (assuming he pans out…looking at you Aaron Curry) i.e. no more Darius Heyward Bey's.

see how it pans out but the last 2 drafts haven't been laughable. DHB was a Spectre pick. DHB like Stanford Routt ran a fast 40 time.

am hopeful that they get to at least 8-8 this yr.

Mack is supposed to be doing well in practices, see how it translates to games.

Last edited:
I think it's gonna be a pretty turribble Panthers season

WR corps last year had 3 guys anyone would label as "decent" in Lafell, Smith and Ginn.

This year they have Cotchery, big (slow?) rookie Benjamin and 0 else.

Cotchery is not as good as Lafell, Smith or Ginn. That leaves them with Benjamin. UGLY.

That GM was fired. Our secondary and WR corps sucked last year too.

Fox had been in Carolina too long, and had 3 winning seasons in 9 years. He's also now in a perfect situation for his coaching style as he can focus completely on defense and just hand off the reins to the offense.

LaFell and Ginn aren't that good and got overpaid. I will never bad mouth Smitty. Cotchery is decent. He had twice as many TDs as any WR on the Panthers last year.

How is Wilber doing with the Cowboys?

Still better than the Falcons

@MaioccoCSN
#49ers QB Blaine Gabbert was 3 of 10 for 20 yards with an INT. His passer rating was 0. Then, he threw an incompletion and it rose to 1.7.

Blaine Gabbert, ladies and gentlemen! PS he looked worse than the stat line, if that's possible.

Back