• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Super Bowl Week !

So what do the Pats fans think caused the huge spike in ball security that began in 2007? Forgetting about proving it. Gun to your head, what changed?
Obvious answer is that the ballboy pissed all over the balls

I wonder what the Pats ballboy turnover has been since 2007. I have to admit though that if my job was to take the balls from the locker room to the field in 10 minutes before the game or whatever, that's probably when I would choose to go take a piss.

So what do the Pats fans think caused the huge spike in ball security that began in 2007? Forgetting about proving it. Gun to your head, what changed?
I'd be curious to see the numbers when you remove all QB fumbles and compare against other teams that have QBs that stay in the pocket >= some % of all plays. With Brady being a traditional drop-back QB, one can assume the majority of his fumbles were from blindside pressure where having an underinflated ball wouldn't be helpful. Brady averaged 9.8 fumbles from 2001-2006. He (and Matt Cassell in '08) averaged 5.5 fumbles from 2007-2014. Remove the QB fumbles, and I'd be curious to see where the numbers stand.

I want to revisit this in five years and see if the Pats continue to crush the league average in fumbles or regress towards the mean once ball security is ramped up.

I want to revisit this in five years and see if the Pats continue to crush the league average in fumbles or regress towards the mean once ball security is ramped up.

They totally will, cause Belichick gets mad when his running backs fumble.

Record ratings for the Super Bowl are coming fo sho.

Is that your pen name, Ph?

Haha. Definitely agree with the sentiment.

It's crazy to me that the NFL, NBA, MLB, and FIFA have each has controversies about balls over the last 15 or so years.

Is the standard PSI for game balls set arbitrarily? How did the league/Wilson come to the 12.5-13.5 range?

If 10.5 - 11.5 PSI is easier to grip why not just set it at that level?

Haha. Definitely agree with the sentiment.

It's crazy to me that the NFL, NBA, MLB, and FIFA have each has controversies about balls over the last 15 or so years.

Golf too, but not really within the PGA.

Great article in the Washington Post this morning theorizing that the NFL is happy to keep this drama front and center this week because its a distraction from the real issues that should be discussed - concussions, domestic violence, etc.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/01/26/tired-of-patriots-locker-room-attendants-and-deflategate-blame-the-nfl/

So in an article where he slams the NFL for over emphasizing delfategate, he spends 90% of the article discussing deflategate?

So in an article where he slams the NFL for over emphasizing delfategate, he spends 90% of the article discussing deflategate?

Yeah. It's a shitty article but that's typical journalism.

Let the ballboy piss in peace. Fuck all you haters!

The CBS Sports website is ridiculous. On the right side, their top article is: Brady's dad: "It will end badly" in New England. The article is about Brady's desire to play well into his 40s, not anything pertaining to Ballghazi. Then they have the "NFL has zeroed in on Patriots employee" a few articles below that, with no mention of the guy taking a piss.

Back