• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Super Bowl Week !

http://drewfustin.com/2015/01/27/patriots-fumble-comments/

In all seasons by all teams since 2010, the Patriots (while incredible good at not fumbling each year) have only accounted for 1 of the top 7 team-seasons in terms of plays per fumble. There is simply no way you can make the claim that their ability to hold onto the football is impossible if you actually show a fair and transparent data set.

It's pretty clear that while the Patriots have been very consistent and therefore near the top of the league in this statistic for years, choosing any other comparison set than the 5-year rolling average makes the Patriots look worse that what was portrayed in Sharp's analysis.

hist_plays_per_fumble_2010_2014.png

plays_per_fumble_2010_2014.png

Pats don't run a lot and their fumble prone guy was hurt all year.

Can we talk about the game now?

I don't feel like Seattle has played an awesome complete game in the postseason. Is this kinda game going to show up on Sunday or are they not as good as we think?

Pats are probably not as good as they looked against Indy, that being said I think the Ravens were a better team than anyone who these teams played outside maybe Green Bay.

If Brady is truly healthy, I think he'll score enough points and I think Evil Bill will have a helluva gameplan to stifle Seattle. I'm thinking Pats cover and win this game.

If Brady is truly healthy? WTF? Dude has a bit of a cold. How about if Sherman and Thomas are healthy, which they're not. The thing about the Packer game is the Packers out muscled the Seahawks for most the game on both sides of the LOS. That's the 1st time the Packers have done that to Seattle in a few years. You can run up the middle against Seattle somewhat effectively. Add to that we don't know if Thomas and Sherman can tackle anybody. Seattle has also been susceptible to TEs, and NE has Gronk. I don't see NE scoring in bunches but moving it well enough to get some FGs. And the reason NE is back in the SB is this is the best D they've had in several years. I think they play 8 in the box to stop the run and dare Seattle to beat them in the air. Remember that Seattle has no game breaking WRs with Tate and Harvin gone. And if Seattle is sloppy like they were last week, it'll be a blowout. If both sides keep TOs to a minimum, it'll be lower scoring with a lot of FGs - I'm saying 23-13 NE. I'm rooting for Seattle but gave a friend Seattle and 2.5.

If Brady is truly healthy? WTF? Dude has a bit of a cold. How about if Sherman and Thomas are healthy, which they're not. The thing about the Packer game is the Packers out muscled the Seahawks for most the game on both sides of the LOS. That's the 1st time the Packers have done that to Seattle in a few years. You can run up the middle against Seattle somewhat effectively. Add to that we don't know if Thomas and Sherman can tackle anybody. Seattle has also been susceptible to TEs, and NE has Gronk. I don't see NE scoring in bunches but moving it well enough to get some FGs. And the reason NE is back in the SB is this is the best D they've had in several years. I think they play 8 in the box to stop the run and dare Seattle to beat them in the air. Remember that Seattle has no game breaking WRs with Tate and Harvin gone. And if Seattle is sloppy like they were last week, it'll be a blowout. If both sides keep TOs to a minimum, it'll be lower scoring with a lot of FGs - I'm saying 23-13 NE. I'm rooting for Seattle but gave a friend Seattle and 2.5.
Haven't agreed with you a lot in this thread but agree with you here. Think Belichick will put a safety in the box and force Wilson to beat us in the pocket. Gotta keep him contained though. And Revis and Browner vs. Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse just doesn't scare me. Think we can get 20-24 on Seattle's defense.

Yeah, this might have been a different game had Tate not slept with Wilson's wife.

The Pats struggled twice against the Jets this year, winning by 2 and 1 (Chris Ivory averaged 5 ypc over those two games). The Seahawks are much better version of the Jets; the Seahawk defensive personnel is much better than the Jets, and Marshawn is much better than Chris Ivory. Barring a ton of Seahawk turnovers, don't see the Pats scoring much on Seattle. Also, don't see Seattle scoring a ton on the Pats. IMO, this will be a low-scoring game, and expect the Seahawks to win a defensive struggle.

Pretty amazing that it's Thursday and there's been almost no ongoing discussion of the game, it's matchups, and who's gonna win. Not here, and barely on TV.

I guess you haven't tuned into ESPN much? In between the deflation nonsense, they've had wall-to-wall coverage about the game itself, with fleeting references to college basketball and Lebron James sprinkled in.

The Pats struggled twice against the Jets this year, winning by 2 and 1 (Chris Ivory averaged 5 ypc over those two games). The Seahawks are much better version of the Jets; the Seahawk defensive personnel is much better than the Jets, and Marshawn is much better than Chris Ivory. Barring a ton of Seahawk turnovers, don't see the Pats scoring much on Seattle. Also, don't see Seattle scoring a ton on the Pats. IMO, this will be a low-scoring game, and expect the Seahawks to win a defensive struggle.

Similar to what I'm thinking. Keep the (deflated) ball out of Brady's hands as much as possible, with the added benefit of keeping your nasty D fresh. Seattle 20, NE 16

Yeah, this might have been a different game had Tate not slept with Wilson's wife.

I still don't understand that. She has to be in the bottom 10% of NFL players' wives.

I think Seattle's LBs and Legion of Boom bottle up Gronk and Brady has a tough time moving the ball. Seattle O gets off to a slow start as well. Something like 9-6 at the half and Seahawks take over in the 2nd half to win 23-13. Wilson or whoever gets the defensive TD will be the MVP.

Last edited:
I still don't understand that. She has to be in the bottom 10% of NFL players' wives.

I think Seattle's LBs and Legion of Boom bottle up Gronk and Brady has a tough time moving the ball. Seattle O gets off to a slow start as well. Something like 9-6 at the half and Seahawks take over in the 2nd half to win 23-13. Wilson or whoever gets the defensive TD will be the MVP.

Only way Seattle wins is if they run for 150+ yards and win the TO batttle. And so far they've yet to impress in this playoffs - they beat a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs and had no business beating GB. NE is better than what they've faced thus far. Though I like you having the same score I did, just the other way around.

First, pussy is pussy. Also some dudes are just scumbags that get off on sleeping w/ wives.

Also, zero chance Pats score just 13 points.

I hope it's Richard Sherman pulling the fire alarm at the Pats' hotel to wake up those CHEATAS.

Also, the Pats scored 14 and 17 points, respectively, in their last two Super Bowl appearances. Those were arguably better Pats' offenses and no doubt Seattle's D is better than either of those Giants' squads. Let's not pretend NE is the Greatest Show on Turf or anything.

^^^Valid point but you forgot one thing...

that superhuman TE

i hope we get to see a gronk/chancellor full speed collision

Back