• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Super Bowl Week !

No rumors, no conjecture... just want to sum up the facts. Let me know if I'm wrong.

In 2007 the Patriots were disciplined of illegally video taping opponents, with a league maximum fine of $500,000 for the coach and $250,000 for the team as well as a loss of a 1st round draft pick.

In the years leading up to 2007 Patriots fumble rate is not an outlier compared to the rest of the league.

Tom Brady is one of the leading advocates lobbying to be able to prepare own footballs in the CBA.

Patriots immediately become far and away the best team at not fumbling the ball.

During halftime of a playoff game 92% of Patriots footballs are under inflated, which makes them easier to throw and grip.

The Patriots coach, quarterback, and owner put on Michael Corleone like super defensive press conferences.

Did I miss anything?

Add: There are reports of a Patriots employee being seen taking balls into a locked bathroom for approximately a minute and a half. Also he brought the footballs in.

Pats gonna get blasted and blame it all on the NFL for distracting them, the narrative writes ITSELF

No, exact opposite is going to happen. This is the best D NE has had in several years. If they can keep Seattle from running all over them, Seattle won't be going anywhere through the air. And with Gronk healthy, they'll score enough to win. NE 24-13.

That said, the Patriot fan base has now taken a sizable lead as the most nauseatingly idiotic fan base in the country.

Or there was something inherently different in the lot of balls that both teams had. Maybe they were manufactured in different places, different temperatures, using slightly different materials, etc.

Not saying the pats didn't purposely remove air but there are a ton of reasons to explain the differences. Bottom line is that the nfl should have never pursued such a minor crime if there's a reasonable explanation for the variance.

ever heard of occam's razor?

Who gives a shit now?

Let these teams play it out. We've got a clear black hat vs. another team that no one really likes but its gonna be a war. I cannot wait for this game!

No rumors, no conjecture... just want to sum up the facts. Let me know if I'm wrong.

In 2007 the Patriots were disciplined of illegally video taping opponents, with a league maximum fine of $500,000 for the coach and $250,000 for the team as well as a loss of a 1st round draft pick.

In the years leading up to 2007 Patriots fumble rate is not an outlier compared to the rest of the league.

Tom Brady is one of the leading advocates lobbying to be able to prepare own footballs in the CBA.

Patriots immediately become far and away the best team at not fumbling the ball.

During halftime of a playoff game 92% of Patriots footballs are under inflated, which makes them easier to throw and grip.

The Patriots coach, quarterback, and owner put on Michael Corleone like super defensive press conferences.

Did I miss anything?

Something seems to have changed in 2007:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...iots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007

Lol, ESPN. They just said that LeGarrette Blount fumbled it 7 times in TB and Pittsburgh and has 0 fumbles in his time with the Patriots. He fumbled it 3 times last year in NE, you dolts.

@AdamSchefter
Marshawn Lynch could be subject to significant fine for wearing unauthorized "BeastMode" hat to Media Day, per @darrenrovell and I.

Good lord, just stop already NFL.

@AdamSchefter
Marshawn Lynch could be subject to significant fine for wearing unauthorized "BeastMode" hat to Media Day, per @darrenrovell and I.

Good lord, just stop already NFL.

God bless Marshawn Lynch and everything he does to stick it to the NFL.

I'll just leave this here:

http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-those-statistics-about-the-patriots-fumbles-are-mos-1681805710/+kylenw

Not saying the Pats haven't been great at taking care of the football, but the sharpfootball analysis may not be as crushing as some originally thought. Also, the Pats did fumble six times at home this year, they just happened to recover all of them (which is all based on luck, really).

So using that data, in the best case scenario for the Patriots, their fumble rate is a 1 in 297 likelihood, instead of 1 in 16,233.77? Still suggests shenanigans.

NFL Super Bowl Week ! Media Day - Beast Mode Talks (Post 996) !

Who gives a shit now?

Let these teams play it out. We've got a clear black hat vs. another team that no one really likes but its gonna be a war. I cannot wait for this game!

This is where I'm at.

I also believe that Brady has also been having his bitch boy equipment guy take a little air out of the balls forever, bc he likes it that way, and never thought it was a big deal. No idea if Belicheck knew. And yeah maybe that has played into the Patriots ridiculously low fumble rate.

But at this point, this NFL doesn't have shit, and they way they have handled this with leak-after-leak-after-leak is just embarrassing. Time to clear the Patriots because you have zero evidence and move on.

Roger Goddell is a fucking clown. And the perfect example of how fucked our current crony capitalist economy is.

Last edited:
Non Super Bowl news. Former ECU HC Steve Logan agrees to become the 49ers new QB Coach.

So using that data, in the best case scenario for the Patriots, their fumble rate is a 1 in 297 likelihood, instead of 1 in 16,233.77? Still suggests shenanigans.

I think the more important conclusion to take away there is that the numbers aren't really outliers in the distribution. Their WR fumble numbers were 3rd best in the NFL, and while their RB fumble numbers have been best in the NFL, it's not by the sort of gamebreaking margin that the original article suggested.

Pretty amazing that it's Thursday and there's been almost no ongoing discussion of the game, it's matchups, and who's gonna win. Not here, and barely on TV.

Back