• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Super Bowl XLIX Sunday Game Thread

LaFell would have caught the winning TD on a hail mary from 55 yards.

Wonder how long it will be before the officiating crew from the Super Bowl puts out a statement saying the "bad call" that cost Seattle the Super Bowl wasn't made by us? :thumbsup: I've heard "a bad call cost Seattle the Super Bowl" a bunch of times since Sunday, if you didn't watch the game you'd immediately think the refs must've blew a call.

B9Bx7l0IMAE_A89.jpg:large

Proven correct as always

Here's a counter, Andre

http://regressing.deadspin.com/stop...ves-seattles-pass-call-w-1683463031/+marchman

Over the last few years, a cottage industry has grown around the Gladwellian proposition that the truth is rarely simple, and a greater understanding can be—must be!—revealed through deceptively simple changes in the way we view the world, perhaps with the aid of game theory or statistics. The call-and-response is ritualized, by now. A Professional Smart Person sees some knee-jerk reaction by the public, ducks into a spreadsheet, emerges with a surprising, insightful position that quells the idiots, and onlookers cheer while cracking wry jokes about the basic human condition of stupidity.

this was probably discussed 20 pages ago somewhere, but I just got online-- it is beyond me how refs can watch the reply I watched and not call that a catch by the Panther receiver. I watched it once and it was obvious-- the ball never touched they ground. The commentators seems to agree with me.

Back