• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 16

Can we say that Patrick Crayton is 0-1 in the divisional round? Or that Martin Grammatica is 0-1 in the wild card round? Both are equally as responsible for two crushing Cowboys losses, but all we hear about is Romo.

The narrative can be crafted in many different ways, but it never fails to land on Tony Romo's shoulders.

i see what you're saying, but people always put W-L records on QBs. goes for success and failure. Troy Aikman won 3 superbowls, etc

I have a feeling on the square books it might get pushed to 3 or 3.5 and there will be a ton of value on Dallas.

i see what you're saying, but people always put W-L records on QBs. goes for success and failure. Troy Aikman won 3 superbowls, etc

Definitely. I understand why it happens, I just think it fucking sucks.

Definitely. I understand why it happens, I just think it fucking sucks.

Like there are a few outside factors as to why the Panthers are winning (Great D, Rivera isn't a wuss anymore) but talking heads are always saying CAM NEWTON IS MAKING THE LEAP TO SUPERSTAR BLAH BLAHBLAH

The NFC North v. NFC East thing doesn't really matter because I don't think either division has a team that's in the top half of the NFL, but I do think that top to bottom the NFC North is slightly better. The Giants and Redskins are just awful.

On the flip side of these two terrible divisions though is the NFC West, which has three of the top seven teams in the NFL according to Sagarin and all four teams are in the top 14 (Rams are 13th).

Also five of the top seven overall teams are in the NFC: Seahawks, 49ers, Panthers, Saints, and Cardinals.

Ummm, that is a bullshit statistic. He won 2 in a row against the Eagles alone in week 17, playoff week 1 a few years ago.

Try not making shit up.

Cowboys had already clinched a playoff berth in 2009 if that's what you're talking about. That game against Philly just decided the division winner

Like there are a few outside factors as to why the Panthers are winning (Great D, Rivera isn't a wuss anymore) but talking heads are always saying CAM NEWTON IS MAKING THE LEAP TO SUPERSTAR BLAH BLAHBLAH

Yeah. I guess I'm just thin skinned about it. I love Romo and what he has done for the Cowboys and I hate how much shit he constantly gets from everyone, including Cowboys fans.

Football Outsiders ratings are a little more generous to the Eagles, particularly when weighting recent play more heavily, while Arizona isn't as solid. Dallas is in the bottom half of the NFL in both rankings.

Doesn't really matter though since it's just a one game season now for both. All I know is I will be relieved if/when the clock hits zero in Atlanta and we have the bye. I don't want to have anything to do with New Orleans again this year because I don't think we match up particularly well. If it ends up being Seahawks/Panthers/Saints/49ers as the last four in the NFC, so barring any upsets in the wildcard round or any surprises in Week 17 with Arizona, it will be one hell of a weekend in the divisional round for the NFC.

On the other hand I don't think the AFC is very interesting at all. Maybe that's just me though.

Oh Collinsworth...

Nick Foles "former basketball player... He looks like a Globetrotter out there."

Um, no Cris, he doesn't. At all.

Football Outsiders ratings are a little more generous to the Eagles, particularly when weighting recent play more heavily, while Arizona isn't as solid. Dallas is in the bottom half of the NFL in both rankings.

Doesn't really matter though since it's just a one game season now for both. All I know is I will be relieved if/when the clock hits zero in Atlanta and we have the bye. I don't want to have anything to do with New Orleans again this year because I don't think we match up particularly well. If it ends up being Seahawks/Panthers/Saints/49ers as the last four in the NFC, so barring any upsets in the wildcard round or any surprises in Week 17 with Arizona, it will be one hell of a weekend in the divisional round for the NFC.

On the other hand I don't think the AFC is very interesting at all. Maybe that's just me though.

IF the Eagles beat Dallas they will be favored at home against either the saints or Arizona if that's who they get.

Not saying they'll win, but I'm not sure the Eagles at home against New Orleans would be an "upset".

Yeah. I guess I'm just thin skinned about it. I love Romo and what he has done for the Cowboys and I hate how much shit he constantly gets from everyone, including Cowboys fans.

Never understood the continued defense of Romo. He doesn't deserve the knocks, but he doesn't deserve the loyalty either. He's kinda inconsistent and generally nothing special. Whole thing is "meh" to me. I don't feel the need to trash him or anything but he's really not worth defending so much IMO.

Never understood the continued defense of Romo. He doesn't deserve the knocks, but he doesn't deserve the loyalty either. He's kinda inconsistent and generally nothing special. Whole thing is "meh" to me. I don't feel the need to trash him or anything but he's really not worth defending so much IMO.

Obviously I completely disagree, but I do see how you could say that.

I suppose my entire point is that basically any other franchise in sports would have run him out on a rail by now. No clue why he still has a ton of loyalty.

Stafford has the franchise passing record in Detroit, and I think most fans want to see us look elsewhere for the future.

If stafford had done the exact same thing playing for Dallas, we'd all be talking about how he can't win big games. Games don't get bigger than "win or go home" games. Winning for seeding just isn't the same. Romo has historically failed when in true "must win" games.

To be clear, I think he's good. The fact that he is in so many "must win" games is a sign of that. Cam has yet to play in one. Most players have losing records in these games. I'd be surprised to learn if more than 10% of the players in the NFL have been on the winning side of these games more often than losing. Every year between 4-8 teams go 0-x in the first 2 weeks of the playoffs.

I suppose my entire point is that basically any other franchise in sports would have run him out on a rail by now. No clue why he still has a ton of loyalty.

Stafford has the franchise passing record in Detroit, and I think most fans want to see us look elsewhere for the future.

I think there are multiple reasons for that.

The offense hasn't been the problem in Dallas since he arrived.

Drafts have largely neglected or failed at improving the defense.

He is a stable good to great quarterback that filled the post Aikman void. And he isn't Quincy Carter.

Really, I don't think the loyalty to him is all that surprising.

Back