• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 16

BcJF0vnCIAAfdgF.jpg

Romo is a better QB than a lot of starting QBs and that's why he's still starting for the Cowboys.

Romo is what he is. A mediocre QB. If he didn't play for America's Team, nobody would care about him.

Probably only 8-12 people in the world I'd rather have quarterbacking my team next year than Romo. Excellent player. For next year only I'd definitely take him over Stafford, Kaep, Cutler types.

Probably only 8-12 people in the world I'd rather have quarterbacking my team next year than Romo. Excellent player. For next year only I'd definitely take him over Stafford, Kaep, Cutler types.

If he is in the 10-15 range like you say, that's not excellent. It's soundly mediocre.

Yeah, the Eagles are going to pad their stats this weekend. Top rushing attack in the league versus a defense that couldn't stop a guy on crutches. A defense ranked 9th in INTs against a QB who can't sleep at night unless he's thrown at least two per game. Or quarter. Bears go down in Philly and fucking Cutler steals another paycheck.

Facepalm

The entire Bears team, defense and offense played like complete shit. It's a fucking shame. Wasting talent like Marshall and Jeffrey. Cutler is a waste. I hope fucking Denver, New England, Seattle, and Indy realize how great it is to have a QB who's even just mostly worth a shit much less great.

LOL at Trestman pulling starters in the 4th to "save" them for next week's Green Bay game. That game is already over.

Romo is such a hard guy to rank. I'd take Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, and Roeth over him for sure. After that, where do you put a guy who has the numbers but has never gotten hot at the right time? Mediocre seems like a bad label because he's consistently been a top 10 passer (QB Rating) since '06. He's like the more consistent (higher low's, lower high's) Philip Rivers, but he always finds a way to struggle at the wrong time. It's hard to evaluate those mistakes if you're discussing stats.

I have been CutlerIn all season, even when McCown was lighting it up...Cutler should be benched. He is not the future of this franchise. Joshy should play agains the Pack. I thought Cutler would learn things while he was out, such as he doesnt need to gun it to his wideouts everytime and can just lob it up there and let his WR's make plays. He did not.

Romo is what he is. A mediocre QB. If he didn't play for America's Team, nobody would care about him.
Romo is far better than mediocre. He's a pretty damn good player. I would put him #7 or #8 probably in the league.

Do you consider your avatar mediocre?

I consider him to be in the top 3rd of QBs in the league. He is probably right around Romo actually. The difference is that Cam should get better whereas Romo is unlikely to get better. Cam is a much better fit for my Panthers. Cam also does some things on the ground that put him at the top of the league.

Romo is far better than mediocre. He's a pretty damn good player. I would put him #7 or #8 probably in the league.

He throws up numbers and my fantasy team thanks him for that. But he's not clutch and QBs are judged by their ability to be clutch. I'd put him in that 10-15 category, but that's where young, promising QBs reside. He's too experienced to be there.

He throws up numbers and my fantasy team thanks him for that. But he's not clutch and QBs are judged by their ability to be clutch. I'd put him in that 10-15 category, but that's where young, promising QBs reside. He's too experienced to be there.

I'm biased for and you are biased against. Read Barnwell's commentary on him today.

I'm biased for. I'm a lifelong Cowboy hater. I love that they keep trotting him out there every year only to fall apart at the end.

Since 2006 Romo has led the 2nd most 4th quarter/OT game winning drives behind only Peyton Manning.

I'm biased for. I'm a lifelong Cowboy hater. I love that they keep trotting him out there every year only to fall apart at the end.

PH is wrong again. Is that tagged in this thread? Because it should be.

And generally I'd say it's his defense's fault that he isn't winning more games where the offense puts up 500 yds and 40+ pts.

Back