• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 8

What an obscenely ridiculous call in the Miami-NE game. Brady fumbles and a Miami player stetches out and ends up batting the ball backwards. NE recovers about 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage, but they call Miami for illegally batting the ball, giving NE a first down and 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. The Patriots promptly score afterwards. If that is the rule, it needs to be changed, because it is stupid. You can't even say he blatantly batted it, because he was stretching for it... maybe he was trying to pull it in but couldn't.

Agreed. There was no way you could prove intent on that play.

Agreed. There was no way you could prove intent on that play.

I thought it was a pretty easy call. He batted the ball so the Patriots guy wouldn't recover the ball. And batting/kicking the ball by a punter is also a penalty, but usually the result is a safety, which is what the punter wanted anyway.

I thought it was a pretty easy call. He batted the ball so the Patriots guy wouldn't recover the ball. And batting/kicking the ball by a punter is also a penalty, but usually the result is a safety, which is what the punter wanted anyway.

So in an offense player hitting a fumble out of bounds (to retain possession) a penalty too? I don't recall ever seeing that flagged.

And why would any of these be a penalty? A loose ball is a live ball -- why are there rules on what can be done to it by players on the field?

Saints are 6-1!

Fantasy isn't so bad. 2 players done and 30 points scored.

Wow! What an awesome comeback.

The announcers had already thrown in the towel.

Back