• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL wildcards

Schefty citing sources that Chip Kelly is staying

Richardson should have canned Rivera and gone after Kelly. Another mistake by Carolina.

I'm starting to think RGIII is going to be Mike Vick-like when it comes to injuries. Missed a year in college too.

You CANNOT sustain his style of play in the NFL. It's been proven time and again.

He is a hell of a player and an athlete. But he cannot play the way he does. Even Wilson (who rarely takes hits) needs to be careful. The longevity of QBs who run and continue to take hits in the NFL is shorter than pocket passers. Much shorter.

You CANNOT sustain his style of play in the NFL. It's been proven time and again.

He is a hell of a player and an athlete. But he cannot play the way he does. Even Wilson (who rarely takes hits) needs to be careful. The longevity of QBs who run and continue to take hits in the NFL is shorter than pocket passers. Much shorter.

Cam has started 32 straight NFL games with 1,500 rushing yards and 22 rushing TDs and has never even left a game early.

Cam has started 32 straight NFL games with 1,500 rushing yards and 22 rushing TDs and has never even left a game early.

Cam is an anomaly, and compared to RGIII, much bigger.

It's not even a complicated argument. More hits = greater chance for injury. RGIII takes hits. (even Cam won't be able to stay healthy if he keeps it up)

All the Redskins fans on this board were saying that the doctor had checked him out when the initial injury happened. Shanny is fucking with the franchise there.

It's cool. 3 first round picks and a second rounder for the face of a franchise that is going to have exactly one good year.

Maybe it depends on the seriousness of the tear, but walking on an ACL that you just tore isn't easy. The way he was walking around made me think he didn't tear anything.

Maybe it depends on the seriousness of the tear, but walking on an ACL that you just tore isn't easy. The way he was walking around made me think he didn't tear anything.

yeah anecdotally from when I tore mine I was hobbling around, but could still walk. he was pacing the sideline and such and didn't even look to be icing it while sitting on the bench.

yeah anecdotally from when I tore mine I was hobbling around, but could still walk. he was pacing the sideline and such and didn't even look to be icing it while sitting on the bench.

He was still able to walk because of all of his trips to the 'sideline needle shack'. What a disgrace.

Same, but my hobbling was pretty accentuated right after it happened because putting weight on it was hurting because of the sliding (or catching - whatever it's called), but RGIII didn't seem to be having too difficult of a time. Plus I think the doctors can do that little test to gauge whether it was torn, and I think if they suspected it was torn, he wouldn't have been walking around on the sidelines.

I tore my ACL off the bone in an intramural football game and walked back to the dorm 25 minutes later.

I tore my ACL off the bone in an intramural football game and walked back to the dorm 25 minutes later.

I tore mine in Reynolds Gym playing basketball, walked back to student apts, and went out to Shag on the Mag that night. the most painful thing I think I did was when I lifted my leg up and over the side of the tub to get in the shower. booze the rest of the evening definitely helped subdue the pain, then I woke up to it incredibly swollen.

If the Redskins had won the game, no one would be saying dick about RGIII's injury or the possible mortgaging of the future. You'd have the idiot pundits (*cough* Trent Dilfer) rambling on about how tough he is and how inspiring it was that he gritted out that win against a game Seattle defense. Between this and the Ray Lewis nonsense (and the fact that three of the four games this weekend were miserable), the playoffs this year have been borderline unbearable.

/rant

That said, I like the away teams this week in the NFC and the home teams in the AFC. Sets up a great GB/Seattle replacement refs rematch and another Brady/Manning match-up. Of course, those stories will be beaten into the ground next week, thus sucking all the fun out of it.

Just got word from a reliable source that RG3 has a torn ACL, and has a long recovery period ahead.

The heat will get turned up on Shanahan; DC thrives on second-guessing.

Just got word from a reliable source that RG3 has a torn ACL, and has a long recovery period ahead.

The heat will get turned up on Shanahan; DC thrives on second-guessing.

There's an easy joke to be had about decision-makers in DC and short-term thinking...

Back