• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

first time in 21 games the Cowboys scored a touchdown on their opening drive.

hahahaha that seems made up

NFL Year 2021. Week 2.

Gronk with 4 TDs in just over 5 quarters.

Matt Prater drilled a perfect 62 yarder at the half to put the Cardinals up 24-23.

Hinton had a 15 yard catch in his first game as a WR.

Last edited:
How? The Falcons keep responding?

Greg Z.... BOOM!!!

That is a huge win for the Cowboys in the quest for a division winning 10-7 record! Yeeeeee hawwwwwwwww!

Going for 2 after a 5 yard penalty seemed unnecessary with this much time left. Take just get the XP instead.

Agree. Mahomes looking very human all of a sudden. Horrible INT that really changed momentum and a little happy feet since.

Would be nice to be able to kick an XP to go up 3 now.

Pretty sure Mahomes is going to lead a scoring drive here.

CEH fumble and the Ravens used all four downs to get the first down and win the game. Gotta love it.

Last edited:
NFL Year 2021. Week 2.

Trai Turner was ejected from the game for spitting on former Deac, Marquel Lee during the Steelers/Raiders game.

Last edited:
did not realize that Lee was back with the Raiders, much less on the gameday roster

jesus tapdancing christ the jets suck

That’s awesome.

Read an article on NFL Covid protocols. They will have a major impact on (unvaxed) Cam Newton getting a call from a team needing a QB. He would need to go through the five day re-entry protocol before he could enter a team facility. So if a team signs him, he effectively can't be available until another week had passed.

Teams don't start QBs with zero practice time, except the Broncos and Kendall Hinton.

jesus tapdancing christ the jets suck

Bam! Roasted!

ETA:

One guy who actually did something useful was the guy who got pancaked. Took a D-line guy out and down 1 on 1. Got the hands and arms out of the QBs line of sight. However, I don't think his O-line coach taught that technique.

Last edited:
Not surprisingly, ELIte dominates as a commentator as well.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/21/mannings-monday-night-football-show-sees-massive-ratings-jump/

ESPN should really just switch to Peyton and Eli for the primary broadcast. MNF has sucked for years. Louis Riddick is possibly the worst commentator in sports. It is fucking football, not nuclear science, we don't need a broadcast of playbook terminology overanalyzing two dudes chasing each other down the field as if every precise detail is a premeditated football term of art. There is a reason John Madden became the GOAT by saying boom, bam, and turducken.

Riddick doesn't both me, but Steve Levy announcing the whole game as if he's in on some inside joke is distracting

I like Riddick. That said, three man booths rarely work, and Steve Levy is fine... doing hockey and late-night Sports Center; he would be on the 4th string crew on either Fox or CBS. Very underwhelming team. Peyton and Eli are a good watch.

Weird that MNF has been ESPN's most expensive and most-watched product for so long, and they can't get the right announcing team.

I think the MNF team is fine. Not great. Fine. They haven’t done much better in the past but they’ve done a lot worse. I do like have a defensive guy and an offensive guy in the booth. That was a plus of having Witten and Boog together talking about the trenches.

I like Riddick. That said, three man booths rarely work, and Steve Levy is fine... doing hockey and late-night Sports Center; he would be on the 4th string crew on either Fox or CBS. Very underwhelming team. Peyton and Eli are a good watch.

Weird that MNF has been ESPN's most expensive and most-watched product for so long, and they can't get the right announcing team.

Probably because they make the announcers also do spot time on Sportscenter and their other stupid non-game filler shows. Most of these guys, especially the former players who already have plenty of money, want to show up one day a week, call a game, take off the monkeysuit, and go back to their regular retirement life. They can do that with FOX or CBS. ESPN and NFL Network try to use them to fill other airtime. The better guys aren't going to put up with that shit.

Back