• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

I love games like the random Mike White game which just will change this dude's career forever. Goes from someone no one's ever heard of , to like a guy some team with a shitty QB is gonna give the reins for a season Nick Foles style

I think Clint Longley is the more apt comparison - a 1 hit wonder. NYJ go back to Wilson as soon as he's ready.

But White could serve another f(x). If NYJ think he may be a competent back-up to Wilson, maybe they turn around and trade Flacco to NO. The idiot ESPN talking heads this morning were talking about NO bringing in Brees' or Rivers' dead noodles out of retirement when neither of those guys could throw a 20 yard rope in last year's playoffs. Though I could see NO sticking with Hill and Simien. Simien was a mediocre to mildly somewhat competent QB in Denver when they had awful OLs. Maybe I'm biased, but I think Flacco could be an upgrade. He still has the arm talent, though is an immobile dinosaur in today's game. With Joe and Thomas in that line-up, I think they could be a scarier playoff team than with Hill or Simien.

Denver trading Von Miller to the Rams for a 2nd and 3rd rounder in next year's draft

32 year old Von Miller. Drafted #2 behind Cam Newton Von Miller. For a 2nd AND a 3rd? Wow.

Ah. Denver is paying $9M of his remaining $9.7M salary. OK. That makes more sense.

Last edited:
32 year old Von Miller. Drafted #2 behind Cam Newton Von Miller. For a 2nd AND a 3rd? Wow.

Ah. Denver is paying $9M of his remaining $9.7M salary. OK. That makes more sense.

Miller's contract up after this year. He's gone. Broncos get a return this way. They need the picks, because they suck.

I wasn't questioning the Broncos angle.

Do the Rams have any draft picks left the next 2 years? Yeah, I definitely get the Broncos angle, but you gotta wonder about the Rams. They're so dependent on such a few players. If either Donald or Ramsey were to go down, they're toast in terms of winning a SB.

Spot, I disagree about the Broncos sucking. They have a QB who sucks. They good young offensive weapons, an improved OL and some parts on D. You put A-aron on that team next September and they're a SB contender. Hell. they'd probably let A-aron have some say about who to hire to replace Fangio. The way I see it is, if A-aron wants out (and he most likely does), GB wants to move him to the AFC, which makes the Broncos and Browns the most likely landing spot.

Spot, I disagree about the Broncos sucking. They have a QB who sucks.
I would say that in the NFL if your qb sucks, your team sucks. They're going nowhere this year. Start the rebuild. Rogers speeds that rebuild up, but the picks get them more assets.

Between Ramsey, Stafford, and Miller, do the Rams have any picks in the next few years? They're all in on this year.

The Giants are trash which begs the question what is wrong with the Chiefs?

Is there anything less exact than a fat guy trying to guess where a punt went out of bounds from 30 yards away?

Is there anything less exact than a fat guy trying to guess where a punt went out of bounds from 30 yards away?
A literal dick-measuring contest on the internet, for starters

I would say that in the NFL if your qb sucks, your team sucks. They're going nowhere this year. Start the rebuild. Rogers speeds that rebuild up, but the picks get them more assets.

Between Ramsey, Stafford, and Miller, do the Rams have any picks in the next few years? They're all in on this year.

Yes, for this season, not having a QB means Denver are sellers not buyers, though at 4-4, they don't suck as bad as a lot of other teams. And that sets them up well to get a QB via trade next year. If you're A-aron or Wilson, and you want to go elsewhere and have some say in a potential trade, wouldn't you rather go to Denver, who is otherwise fairly ready to win, over say a Miami team, who may have a decent young coach but whose roster is really bad.

Yes, for this season, not having a QB means Denver are sellers not buyers, though at 4-4, they don't suck as bad as a lot of other teams. And that sets them up well to get a QB via trade next year. If you're A-aron or Wilson, and you want to go elsewhere and have some say in a potential trade, wouldn't you rather go to Denver, who is otherwise fairly ready to win, over say a Miami team, who may have a decent young coach but whose roster is really bad.

Maybe Aaron just wants a change of scenery after watching Brady thrive in Tampa, but the Packers roster is better than the Broncos: plus the Denver coaching staff is never winning a Super Bowl. If his goal is to win another ring or two, I don't see Rodgers achieving that goal in Denver with that roster (and coaching staff).

ugh that's awful

makes it sound like the person burned to death - i cannot think of a worse way to go

Jesus so fucking senseless all around.

That's likely a career ender as well. Felony DUI plus a manslaughter charge will likely result in at least several years of an active sentence.

Pilch, outside of Aaron and Adams, who also may leave after the season (and who has already been rumored to the Raiders), is it really a better roster? Their last 3 drafts have resulted in a couple of O-linemen and defenders contributing but nothing special. The rest of the WR corps is mediocre, the D is only okay, especially against the run, and yeah, the OL is good. Without Aaron and Adams, what is their record? Denver has an improved OL and some really good offensive weapons. And Fangio is dead man walking. Their new GM will want to bring in a good offensive mind, who will likely fit with Wilson or Rodgers assuming they're to be had. And I figure GB won't trade him to the NFC, so the 2 teams who make sense are Denver and Cleveland. The question then is whether you're interested in Mayfield as part of the return. Miami's roster is 1 of the worst in football, leaving Flores to try to make chicken soup out of that crap. I think they've been to the playoffs once since Ross has been the owner, and he's 1 of the worst in the business. So yeah, if Aaron has wandering eyes, I can see why Denver is the favored destination.

Back