• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Don't see anything close to a confirmation that the Jags have picked Leftwich.

Looks like it was unofficially unofficial and hit a snag. The Jags tried to interview Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett but the Broncos just hired him.

The Rodgers to Broncos talk has already begun.

Looks like it was unofficially unofficial and hit a snag. The Jags tried to interview Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett but the Broncos just hired him.

I see 3 good fits for Rodgers, considering GB likely wants him out of the NFC - Den, Ten and Cle. All have decent to strong OLs, some good offensive weapons and solid Ds. The other thing to consider is if GB wants a QB in return as part of the trade. Den has nothing to offer in that department, whereas Ten and Cle could include Tannehill or Mayfield. GB may well want a QB in return because Corral, Pickett and maybe Willis could be off the board by the time they pick.

Please, please take him Denver -- he is ruining my Packer fandom.

I will gladly take 3 first rounders, Jeudy and Fant in return.

Packers can package a couple first rounders and other draft capital to move up for a QB.

I can also see Tenn, I guess, but no way Rodgers agrees to go to Cleveland.

Bears will name Colts DC Matt Eberfuls as their HC.

He's 51, from Ohio. Played at Toledo under Nick Saban. Coached in college until 2008 (Toledo and Mizzou); NFL assistant since 2009). Colts DC since 2018.

Bears will name Colts DC Matt Eberfuls as their HC.

He's 51, from Ohio. Played at Toledo under Nick Saban. Coached in college until 2008 (Toledo and Mizzou); NFL assistant since 2009). Colts DC since 2018.

I sometimes wonder whether I would be a terrible GM because these choices make no sense to me, and then I realize most of these coaches fail within 3 years and most draft picks are not re-signed by their own team, so most GMs are terrible at their own job.

Broncos are hiring the Packers Offensive Coordinator, because they hope that will lure Aaron Rodgers to Denver. Also the son of a former NFL coach, so go figure.
Chicago is hiring the Colts Defensive Coordinator, because they are hoping that will fix Justin Fields? The coordinator whose final game as a Colt's coach was to allow Trevor Lawrence to look like he was playing against Louisville's defense.

Is there anything that would lead one to think either of these jobs will not be open again in 3-4 years?

it seems to me that the skillset to be a good coordinator and the skillset to be a good head coach are very different

to me, the DC and OC hires are more important than the HC hire, though the former clearly stems from the latter

If Rodgers' goal is to win another Super Bowl, he should take a page out of Tom Brady's book and stay out of the AFC. It's going to be so much easier to make the SB in the NFC for the next 3-5 years at least, Brady got out while the getting was good and Rodgers should probably stay in the NFC if he's serious about winning.

If it's just about getting more alternative medicine options than the vaccine though, Denver is probably the place for him.

Yeah. Stay out of the AFC unless you really like going to KC in January.

Yeah. Stay out of the AFC unless you really like going to KC in January.

Kansas City is lovely in January, you're welcome to visit any time Ph. BBQ on me.

If Rodgers' goal is to win another Super Bowl, he should take a page out of Tom Brady's book and stay out of the AFC. It's going to be so much easier to make the SB in the NFC for the next 3-5 years at least, Brady got out while the getting was good and Rodgers should probably stay in the NFC if he's serious about winning.

If it's just about getting more alternative medicine options than the vaccine though, Denver is probably the place for him.

It seems unlikely the Packers would trade him to a NFC team.

Please, please take him Denver -- he is ruining my Packer fandom.

I will gladly take 3 first rounders, Jeudy and Fant in return.

Packers can package a couple first rounders and other draft capital to move up for a QB.

I can also see Tenn, I guess, but no way Rodgers agrees to go to Cleveland.

Why do Packers fans hate Rodgers? I used to like him because he's such a compelling watch, but he completely lost me this year with his lying about his vax status and getting his medical advice from Joe Rogan. And he probably would have finished his career in GB had it not been for Gutekunst and Murphy trading up to take Love in the 1st. Yes, QAron is a passive aggressive drama queen. But he's also 1 of the best ever to lace them up. If I were a Packers fan, I'd be hating on Gutekunst and Murphy and wanting to show both of them the door.

It seems unlikely the Packers would trade him to a NFC team.

Plus, what NFC team is built to win right away but for a QB and has the necessary draft capital to pry him away from GB? SF doesn't have the draft capital. Maybe Phi if they're not sold on Hurts.

Sounds like Caldwell was seriously in the running for the Bears job. That makes sense because they need someone to develop a quarterback and Caldwell worked with Flacco (who is elite), P Manning, and Stafford.

Why do Packers fans hate Rodgers? I used to like him because he's such a compelling watch, but he completely lost me this year with his lying about his vax status and getting his medical advice from Joe Rogan. And he probably would have finished his career in GB had it not been for Gutekunst and Murphy trading up to take Love in the 1st. Yes, QAron is a passive aggressive drama queen. But he's also 1 of the best ever to lace them up. If I were a Packers fan, I'd be hating on Gutekunst and Murphy and wanting to show both of them the door.

that's it -- because he is an enormous anti-vaxx Roganbro douchebag who lied about his vaccination status, caused a ridiculous, unnecessary amount of drama last offseason, has an ego the size of Colorado, and hasn't won a big game in 11-12 years. He is one of the greatest regular season QBs of all time. I will give him that.

He is using Love as a scapegoat -- it was a bad move because it turns out Love is not good and they miscalculated Rodger's ego (and one would think that Rodger's being drafted in about the same spot as the heir apparent to Favre might make Rodgers less of a schmuck about it). But at least we know who Rodgers really is now. I don't know any Packers fans who wouldn't much rather keep Gutey and Murphy than Rodgers at this point.

Time for a bit of a rebuild. Packers will be back atop the division in no time.

Plus, what NFC team is built to win right away but for a QB and has the necessary draft capital to pry him away from GB? SF doesn't have the draft capital. Maybe Phi if they're not sold on Hurts.

Philly is the most natural trade destination because they have the capital and the infrastructure already in place to absorb Rodgers and all of his foibles and put together a contending team. It might take all three of their first round picks this draft + Hurts but that's a small price to pay if you get even a 2-year window of being a SB contender.

SF is only interesting if Trey Lance's name gets involved and I don't see that happening. The outlandish scenario would be a Rodgers/Wilson swap but I don't foresee those potential negotiations even getting started.

that's it -- because he is an enormous anti-vaxx Roganbro douchebag who lied about his vaccination status, caused a ridiculous, unnecessary amount of drama last offseason, has an ego the size of Colorado, and hasn't won a big game in 11-12 years. He is one of the greatest regular season QBs of all time. I will give him that.

He is using Love as a scapegoat -- it was a bad move because it turns out Love is not good and they miscalculated Rodger's ego (and one would think that Rodger's being drafted in about the same spot as the heir apparent to Favre might make Rodgers less of a schmuck about it). But at least we know who Rodgers really is now. I don't know any Packers fans who wouldn't much rather keep Gutey and Murphy than Rodgers at this point.

Time for a bit of a rebuild. Packers will be back atop the division in no time.

Excellent points. Even so, that division is a dumpster fire, and every team in the NFC has issues (if Brady retires, the NFC really has no clearly elite or even up and coming teams). If Rodgers comes back, they have as a clear path to the Super Bowl as anyone (yes, you can say the same for the last few years, and the Packers have always found a way to stumble). Realize the window is closing and Rodgers has becoming more annoying than clever, but if the Packers can find a way to bring Rodgers and Adams back, they are NFC favorites in 2022-3.

Absolutely agree -- but there is also nothing that would stop him from choking again even if they are the clear favorites and I don't know that I can stomach rooting for the dude for another season.

Philly’s path forward seems obvious. Use those picks to improve the team around Hurts. If Hurts isn’t the guy, they’ll have cheap talent who will be attractive to a FA QB.

Philly’s path forward seems obvious. Use those picks to improve the team around Hurts. If Hurts isn’t the guy, they’ll have cheap talent who will be attractive to a FA QB.

Package Hurts + 2 of those picks for Rodgers and then use the other pick to take whichever WR you think is best and then sign Adams in free agency. Congratulations, Philly is now the NFC favorite, best of luck avoiding the annual Rodgers chokejob.

Back