• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Man, I feel like I’ve been through a lot as a sports fan but I don’t think I could emotionally recover from that if I was a bills fan. Brutal.

If only it hurt bad enough for them to deport themselves back to Western NY.

Bills really blew it not having this game at home. Easier schedule than the Chiefs and beat them in KC in the reg season yet still wound up with a worse record. Too inconsistent

Man, I feel like I’ve been through a lot as a sports fan but I don’t think I could emotionally recover from that if I was a bills fan. Brutal.

My closest friend in LA is a bills fan. I almost texted him if he wanted to go to the SB in LA if it was LA/Bills with 12 seconds left..... decided to hold off not to jinx it

being a bills fan would SUCK. First you know you're going to lose in some really painful way, and when it's over you live in BUFFALO for the rest of the year.

Those were some exciting and entertaining games for fans. Better for those who were neutral or on the winning side. Agony for fans of losing teams, especially Buffalo. 13 seconds?

Those were some exciting and entertaining games for fans. Better for those who were neutral or on the winning side. Agony for fans of losing teams, especially Buffalo. 13 seconds?

No connection to Buffalo whatsoever here and think I felt a tear start to run down my cheek.....

My closest friend in LA is a bills fan. I almost texted him if he wanted to go to the SB in LA if it was LA/Bills with 12 seconds left..... decided to hold off not to jinx it

I was very much looking forward to a BUF vs. LAR/SF Super Bowl in LA. I am sure all the fanbases would have gotten along swimmingly, and Bills fans would have acclimated to the LA traffic and prices nicely. Unfortunately it will now CIN or people from Missouri, which is slightly less comedic.

at first I was thinking the squib thing was overblown because you could still fair catch it inside the 25 for a touchback but that's only for college

Absolutely. I couldn't believe they kicked it in the endzone for a touchback. Damn that's one of the dumbest coaching moves I've ever seen in an important game.

agree but slightly less dumb if tyreek was back there. i mean if a squib you could just fall on it at the 15-20 with no time off right?

Trying to come up with names for this one before ESPN does it for me. We have Wide Right, the Music City Miracle, and Hail Murray. Does "No Squib" work, or isn't it sufficiently catchy? "Gone in 13 Seconds" is the other option.

Shouldn't it just be "Squib Game"?

Bills really blew it not having this game at home. Easier schedule than the Chiefs and beat them in KC in the reg season yet still wound up with a worse record. Too inconsistent

Can't argue we weren't inconsistent, but in hindsight, we were less than a yard away from being the #1 seed and hosting this game at home. Had Allen's cleat not slipped and we convert that 4th and less-than-1 with 0:21 left in the 4th of the Titans game, that game last night was likely in Orchard Park.

Shouldn't it just be "Squib Game"?

This is the winner. Fuck.

The problem with a squib is 1 of the up guys might stop it and go down immediately around the 30. Kick it high to the 10-15, then you guarantee they take about 5 seconds off the clock, only leaving KC with 1 play. But don't kick it to the endzone. On D, I also would have rushed only 2-3 and covered the middle better. It's like Buffalo didn't realize KC had all their TOs.

Crazy stat for Buffalo - they were 0-6 in 1 score games and 12-1 in over 1 score games this year.

NFL Year 2021 Playoffs! Div Round. 3 walk-off FG's and OT TD!

The no squib thing is overblown. Either an up back falls on it immediately or Hill gets it and has enough time to return it into FG position himself.

I cannot believe that Buffalo kicked that into end zone. Just a massive coaching mistake.

Yeah, I think T. Hill changes the calculus on the squib kick substantially.

Yeah, I think T. Hill changes the calculus on the squib kick substantially.

listening to the athletic nfl podcast they said Pringle was back, not Hill. if thats true, then they 100% should have squibbed, but still think it doesnt change a whole lot as someone should just fall on it and not waste any time.

Good morning, it's a great day to be a Chiefs fan.

Back