• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

I submit that there was no right answer for the WFT. They were going to get roasted for whatever name and logo they came up with.

I submit that there was no right answer for the WFT. They were going to get roasted for whatever name and logo they came up with.

I agree. They should have just stayed with Washington Football Team.

Kudos to Flores for Kaepernicking his career to stand up for what he believes in. Have to respect that.

That said, even if true which they probably are, the allegations against the Dolphins don't seem racist at all. They are the team that actually hired the black guy. He then won too much to go along with Trusting The Process and refused to tamper with other players, so they fired him. Does that play out any different if the coach was white? It is seemingly not the best way to run a team, but it isn't racist. They didn't fire him because he was black, they fired him because he didn't go along with the owner's plan on how to run the team.

lawyers: what does it mean that 1. this is a class action suit and 2. all 32 teams are (kinda) named?

lawyers: what does it mean that 1. this is a class action suit and 2. all 32 teams are (kinda) named?

He is leaving it open to add more Plaintiffs, they are going to argue that the NFL as a whole has racist hiring practices against black coaches, as a class, not just Flores, but all black NFL coaches.

. This is a class action pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure (“FRCP”) 23,
brought by Plaintiff on behalf of a Proposed Class of similarly situated employees. The
Proposed Class (subject to future revision as may be necessary), is defined as follows:
All Black Head Coach, Offensive and Defensive Coordinators
and Quarterbacks Coaches, as well as General Managers, and
Black candidates for those positions during the applicable
statute of limitations period

i think ole billy sent those texts on purpose to give flores a case

Interesting idea. It does appear very clumsy for someone who is never clumsy. And it just so happens Miami is a division opponent. Belichick playing 3D chess.

Hue Jackson also said the Browns offered to pay him for tanking. I think this is going to lead to the NFL adopting the ping pong NBA approach to determine the draft order for non-playoff teams. I hope this ends in Miami getting significantly fined and losing some draft picks. League integrity is on the line.

Interesting idea. It does appear very clumsy for someone who is never clumsy. And it just so happens Miami is a division opponent. Belichick playing 3D chess.

Hue Jackson also said the Browns offered to pay him for tanking. I think this is going to lead to the NFL adopting the ping pong NBA approach to determine the draft order for non-playoff teams. I hope this ends in Miami getting significantly fined and losing some draft picks. League integrity is on the line.

NBA teams literally invented tanking while ping pong was the method for determining lottery order.

One of the key issues in the current MLB CBA negotiations is the implementation of an MLB draft lottery. MLBPA wants a 10 team lottery; MLB offered a 3 team lottery. Also, on the table is that if a team falls out of the top 5 in the draft if that team is among the bottom 3 teams in MLB over a series of consecutive seasons. The point is deincentivize tanking.

Last edited:
NBA teams literally invented tanking while ping pong was the method for determining lottery order.

Bring back the 1-team, 1 ball (or card) rule. I think the NBA only got away from that because the Magic won the lottery twice in a row.

NFL will investigate Flores accusations, so everyone can chill out now.

but the NFL said they were baseless in their initial statement

I assume they're just looking to confirm the baselessness or really get to the bottom of things and punish the right people, like they did with the Patriots in the Deflategate and Massagegate scandals.

NBA teams were practicing the art of tanking way before the lottery started. It was a problem and the "solution" was the lottery, which then opened up all kinds of different problems (like the NBA rigging the first lottery so that the Knicks could get Patrick Ewing.)
The Houston Rockets went from 46 wins to 14 wins the year Ralph Sampson was going into the draft, so yeah tanking was a thing.

but the NFL said they were baseless in their initial statement

The only Black head coach in the NFL has kept his job by never having a losing season. Every time he gets under .500 during the season, there speculation he’s going to be fired.

Baseless indeed.

The only Black head coach in the NFL has kept his job by never having a losing season. Every time he gets under .500 during the season, there speculation he’s going to be fired.

Baseless indeed.

Curious

Back