• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

The Texans could have hired Flores and gotten a hot young coach who knows how to win despite shit ownership.

Just how hot was Flores when the Dolphins were 1-7 this year before the schedule got easy and they played Houston, Baltimore, NYJ, Carolina, NYG, NYJ, the Ian Book Saints in successive weeks ?

Just how hot was Flores when the Dolphins were 1-7 this year before the schedule got easy and they played Houston, Baltimore, NYJ, Carolina, NYG, NYJ, the Ian Book Saints in successive weeks ?

That is when he was tanking for the Boss. Then he went all Lou Brown of Major League fame to pull them out of the depths.

The Texans could have hired Flores and gotten a hot young coach who knows how to win despite shit ownership.

We're talking McNair, Easterby and Caserio. What are the chances they make an intelligent hire?

What a dumb post. Flores became a hot coach when he finished 8-1.

I’m not sure I understand why Alvin Kamala and half a dozen guys feel like it’s appropriate to beat a man unconscious because he maybe called someone ugly and tried to get on an elevator.

Luckily, for him, the NFL doesn’t give a shit and local courts will give out probation to him and these assholes.

They were at Drais which is the after party club. It happened at 6AM

What a dumb post. Flores became a hot coach when he finished 8-1.

If they had beaten the Jaguars, in October, instead of giving Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence their first NFL win, they would have made the playoffs. I am aware that they were not perfectly healthy and the roster isn't the greatest, but they lost to the Jags.

Personally, I would have given him another year, but I'm not an egomaniac NFL franchise owner looking to get rid of a coach I decided I can't get along with. How many "good" owners are there in the league anyway ? Ten maybe ? Five ?

Assuming I don't die, I'd catch a beating from a NFL player for a million dollars.

I don't think you can look at all these head coaching hires and say the best guys for the jobs got hired. I know alot of it is based on resume, connections with other coaches, ability to bring in good OC/DC, have you been a HC before, etc. etc. but some of these hires just seem destined to fail.

I think it gets even worse when you look at the coordinator hires, who usually get their job based on knowing the head coach. To look at the 2021 Packers offense, would any of those guys got those jobs if Rodgers wasn't there? Instead the OC is now a HC, the QBs coach is now an OC, the TE coach is now an OC.

Also, Mike Shanahan had 4 future HC's under him his last season in Washington, and went 3-13

I don't think you can look at all these head coaching hires and say the best guys for the jobs got hired. I know alot of it is based on resume, connections with other coaches, ability to bring in good OC/DC, have you been a HC before, etc. etc. but some of these hires just seem destined to fail.

I think it gets even worse when you look at the coordinator hires, who usually get their job based on knowing the head coach. To look at the 2021 Packers offense, would any of those guys got those jobs if Rodgers wasn't there? Instead the OC is now a HC, the QBs coach is now an OC, the TE coach is now an OC.

Also, Mike Shanahan had 4 future HC's under him his last season in Washington, and went 3-13

Definitely agree this hiring cycle was the strangest.

Denver hired Rodgers' OC because they want Rodgers. That's a pretty good reason to hire a guy.

Shanahan went 3-13 on a team run by Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder. Owners and GMs matter, and Snyder and Griffin were undermining him there. It's not like neither Shanahan can coach. Objectively, they're both pretty good coaches, as are those other 2 HCs.

Right. There's a connection between fans and talking heads complaining about weird hires and complaints of racial bias. The overwhelming majority of WTF hires are well-connected white guys.

When Flores got fired, most fans had two responses. First, "WTF." Second, "I hope my team hires him."

Last edited:
Right. There's a connection between fans and talking heads complaining about weird hires and complaints of racial bias. The overwhelming majority of WTF hires are well-connected white guys.

When Forbes got fired, most fans had two responses. First, "WTF." Second, "I hope my team hires him."

You really had me concerned there for a second.

Ouch. My bad, Biff.

Munich is hosting a regular season game in 2022. Munich and Frankfurt will host two games each over the next 4 years. Mexico City will get a game this year as well.

Last edited:
Definitely agree this hiring cycle was the strangest.

Denver hired Rodgers' OC because they want Rodgers. That's a pretty good reason to hire a guy.

Shanahan went 3-13 on a team run by Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder. Owners and GMs matter, and Snyder and Griffin were undermining him there. It's not like neither Shanahan can coach. Objectively, they're both pretty good coaches, as are those other 2 HCs.

The Denver hire has the same vibes as Texas hiring Cutcliffe to get Arch Manning, it only works if the QB follows. The Bears hire is the one I am really scratching my head about. I don't necessarily believe the rumors that they just wanted to keep Matt and Ryan as the names.

PhD is right, most of the time, you look at who the coach knows or is related to.

I’m still trying to process why Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers but Snyder and Kraft aren’t.

Republicans are just out in the open now hating black people. They don't even try to hide it anymore. They'll be back watching the NFL next year anyway.

I don’t think the NFL as a league cares too much about losing any fans especially a relatively small number of Republicans. I guess much of that poll is messaging anyway. Republicans know they’re supposed to hate the NFL so they say they hate the NFL. Another factor I’ve never seen mentioned is that Republicans are more likely to live in rural areas so they’re less likely to have a home team. That makes it easy for causal fans to lose interest.

Back