• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9bd251e6-da67-4e34-894a-6ac8df6c4298_1078x1311.jpeg

3 and 1 run reminded me of the last drive in the loss to Purdue. I think Taylor was on that team. At least Grobe went with his best player.

Good reference. Perine had a big hole at tackle, but stayed over the guard and wham.

Bates played well. Some weird blitzes where they sent Bates late in the game, in the red zone. Very telegraphed and Stafford got rid of the ball long before Bates could get there.

Was rooting for Cincy, but I'm cool with Stafford and Donald getting rings. Cincy really needs to fix the right side of their OL. The good news for them, and the bad news for the rest of the league, is they have $57mil in cap space and Burrow and Chase on rookie contracts. They ain't going away.

The Panthers should trade for Joe Burrow

Boom, Super Bowl

With the backup RB.

Perine was in that whole series because he's the better pass blocker.

Gotta give Donald some credit on that tackle too. Perine isn't going to win a lot of footraces, but he's a beast to bring down that way. There aren't a lot of guys in the league who make that play.

Was rooting for Cincy, but I'm cool with Stafford and Donald getting rings. Cincy really needs to fix the right side of their OL. The good news for them, and the bad news for the rest of the league, is they have $57mil in cap space and Burrow and Chase on rookie contracts. They ain't going away.

Hard to believe they have so much cap room with all those high profile free agents in their defense.

Feels like Perine could have made a better effort on that ball on the 4th down play. Reminded me of Funchess against the Saints in the WC round a few years ago.

McVay loves Wolford. John's job in LA is safe unless the rumors that McVay is mulling stepping away from coaching are true.

Anyone get a little miffed at that cheap shot Aaron Donald had on Burrow? Not sure how that wasn't 15 yards.

Maybe made up for that offensive pass interference that the refs could have called at the start of the 2nd half on Cincy's touchdown.

Anyone get a little miffed at that cheap shot Aaron Donald had on Burrow? Not sure how that wasn't 15 yards.

Maybe made up for that offensive pass interference that the refs could have called at the start of the 2nd half on Cincy's touchdown.

It was a close one. If Burrow was one step closer to the sideline to me it would have been a clear late hit/unnecessary roughness but where it happened I think was ok.

Now would certain (old) QBs have gotten that call? Absolutely

Would that have been whistled for OPI, facemask, or hands to face? Seemed like it wasn't OPI, but likely a facemask.

You can totally see why it wasn't called on the replay though. None of the officials were in a position to see the hand on the facemask.

Worst call of the game was the PI/hold on the Cinci linebacker. That was what, third down? Would've been fourth after that. They had let them play tight all game and certainly had been much more handsy on other plays that were no-calls and that was just a complete BS call, made more BS by the fact that so much was on the line. Gotta swallow the whistle and hold your flag there. Make the Rams earn it.

Missed a pretty blatant false start on that play too.

Would that have been whistled for OPI, facemask, or hands to face? Seemed like it wasn't OPI, but likely a facemask.

You can totally see why it wasn't called on the replay though. None of the officials were in a position to see the hand on the facemask.

Worst call of the game was the PI/hold on the Cinci linebacker. That was what, third down? Would've been fourth after that. They had let them play tight all game and certainly had been much more handsy on other plays that were no-calls and that was just a complete BS call, made more BS by the fact that so much was on the line. Gotta swallow the whistle and hold your flag there. Make the Rams earn it.

The replay looked worse for the facemask...and frankly, offense pass interference is almost never called unless it blatantly obvious. I didn't think it was, but stranger calls have been made.
Yeah that pass interference on 3rd down was pretty weak...

The defensive holding call on Logan Wilson was weird. As stated above, this crew let them play all day. Early in the game, on the Bengals first drive that led to a FG, on Burrow's 3rd down pass into the endzone, Ramsey clearly grabbed Tee Higgins jersey, and nothing was called. Here, Wilson didn't grab Kupp at all. If anything, he played text book coverage as a LB on the best WR in the NFL. It was as if the NFL was concerned about the blowback for not calling the offensive PI on the Bengals long touchdown pass and fearing that would be the story of the game, a ticky tack flag was thrown to keep the Rams drive alive.

Also, Tyler Boyd's drop on the 3rd down before the Rams final drive was huge. First drop of the season.

Finally, the last half of the fourth quarter was just further evidence as to why Clawson loves playing with tempo. After Beckham went out, the Rams offense was impotent for 2+ quarters. They then went tempo for the final drive, and the suddenly the Bengals stopped getting pressure, and Rams receivers suddenly started finding cracks.

There were at least two blatant false starts they didn't call on the Rams.

McVay loves Wolford. John's job in LA is safe unless the rumors that McVay is mulling stepping away from coaching are true.

This. Had he been healthy last year, he would have started over Goff. The Rams may have the best QB room in the game with Stafford, Wolford and Perkins.

Dang, just went to Wolford's IG for the first time ever. Well done on the girlfriend, John.

Back