• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

Well we could argue this for a long time. I think, my main point/question is, why are there not stats that say kick on 3rd. It would probably have to take into account that a kicker like Succup is 90%+ inside of 40, but drops down to 77% 40-49.

Until this thread, didn't realize that if I type something on my laptop on a thread. Then go to my phone and post something on a diff topic on the thread, this new board will post the stuff that it saved on the laptop even if I never hit post reply. Interesting.

Well we could argue this for a long time. I think, my main point/question is, why are there not stats that say kick on 3rd. It would probably have to take into account that a kicker like Succup is 90%+ inside of 40, but drops down to 77% 40-49.
Between botching the snap and getting a few yards closer/farther for the FG, it seems like these are very marginal changes in probability. I'd expect the apparent answer to change on a weekly basis if a long snapper has a bad day or Cody Parkey hits the crossbar three times or something.

Yes. It’s a very minor thing that bothers you a lot.

So the answer is that other than the 2012 study the are no other current analysis of this particular decision.

Saw David Shaw listed as a candidate for the Denver job.

I think Shaw is a good college coach, but it always feels weird to me when somebody gets fired/resigns at the college level and then shows up as a head coaching candidate for the NFL. I know it has happened before with some "success" (Jim Caldwell comes to mind), but Shaw's most recent NFL experience was with Baltimore back in 2005.

Please find me something that shows what you are saying about the NFL requiring it. Because I haven’t seen that anywhere. And I’ve looked.

And I appreciate the level of detail in your post. Not even kidding.
There were several articles about it back then that I had linked here. I forget when this board came about, if it would have been here or the old board but I am not great with the search. They were step by step instructions of how and when to do it. If I google it now I can't find them, I'm assuming DirecTV had them buried.

I think Shaw is a good college coach, but it always feels weird to me when somebody gets fired/resigns at the college level and then shows up as a head coaching candidate for the NFL. I know it has happened before with some "success" (Jim Caldwell comes to mind), but Shaw's most recent NFL experience was with Baltimore back in 2005.

Caldwell didn't directly jump from fired Wake head coach to NFL head coach. He had good mentorship working on an NFL staff under Tony Dungy for several years before he became HC.

True. How bad does a first year HC have to be to "finally" get fired?
Historically bad. And he lived down to that standard. His results were Meyer bad but without the atrocious behavior.

Ph, the Bears are going to be on the rise next year. They had been in cap jail but have a lot of $$ to spend this offseason. They've drafted well the last year or 2 (I like the job Jones has done at LT), and they have their QB of the future on a rookie contract. The FA WR class is really weak this year, unless some guys are cut. So they'll draft a day 1 or 2 WR, maybe get Jalen Carter and spend their FA $$ on D. Or they could trade out of the 2 pick, get some nice draft capital and take the TCU WR in the 5-8 range.

Kliff Kingsbury comes to mind as well

Kliff Kingsbury comes to mind as well
Just say no to college coaches unless they have NFL experience, like Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll. Rhule, Meyer, Holtz, Saban, Spurrier.... The only guy I can remember who ever had success that way was Jimmie Johnson, thanks in large part to the Vikings.

Since the Rams are the road team today in their game against the Chargers, the Rams players are not allowed to park at the stadium. The NFL is wild brother.

Since the Chargers are the road team today in their game against the Rams, the Chargers players are not allowed to park at the stadium. The NFL is wild brother.

I wonder if they get to use their home locker room or are they relegated to the visitors locker room as well?

I wonder if they get to use their home locker room or are they relegated to the visitors locker room as well?
The Rams and Chargers each have their own locker room, and then their is a 3rd locker room for visitors, I have no idea if they have to use the visitors, but according to Schefter the away team wasn’t allowed to stay in their normal hotel because that’s where the home team was.

This is so much more interesting to me than whatever drivel Rex Ryan and Randy Moss are talking about right now.

Back