• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

I think a fanbase (and i dont mean swiftys who all of a sudden care about kc) who loyally follow and support their team are just as much a part of the team. Especially those in the crowd making noise.
A lot of nfl teams have fans known for something that contributes to their success. The terrible towel, the old raider nation costumes, bills mafia, the washington hogs, seattles 12th man, lambeau leap (theres no leap without the fans) etc.

an alum i can understand...
Yeh disagree. I mean I loved Wake as a kid and teen and part of my military career. I didn’t have grades nor money to go to wake and couldn’t dunk a ball but they were my team. Have a lot of buddies who enlisted after 9/11 who could have gone to Michigan but served instead and texted several last week when their team won the ship. Put a lot of time and energy in Atlanta Braves my entire life, I know I don’t play but damn feels like we.

I kinda enjoyed the Philly 6 of the last 7 collapse because of the fan base and Sirianni being obnoxious. Tackling seemed optional to them last night. And Lurie didn't appear happy. They're at least going to lose both coordinators, but I'm guessing they can Sirianni. I know their roster will be in a state of flux, but if I'm Belichick, this is the job I want. They have a QB I like and a good roster thanks to Howie.

And right about now, color me a bit worried about Stroud, Ryans and Slowik on Saturday. I'd take Houston and the points.

I kinda enjoyed the Philly 6 of the last 7 collapse because of the fan base and Sirianni being obnoxious. Tackling seemed optional to them last night. And Lurie didn't appear happy. They're at least going to lose both coordinators, but I'm guessing they can Sirianni. I know their roster will be in a state of flux, but if I'm Belichick, this is the job I want. They have a QB I like and a good roster thanks to Howie.

And right about now, color me a bit worried about Stroud, Ryans and Slowik on Saturday. I'd take Houston and the points.

Would Roseman cede roster control?
Would Belichick cede roster control?

Would Roseman cede roster control?
Would Belichick cede roster control?
Belichick indicated before they parted ways that he was willing to cede roster control. As well as Howie has drafted, and as poorly as Bill has drafted over the last decade, I don't see Howie ceding any control at the draft. Maybe some room in final cuts and FA acquisitions.

Surprised they're favored by so much. The Texans looked good this weekend.

I'd take the points. Houston is hot and playing well on both sides of the ball. Lamar is also 1-3 in playoff games with 1 decent performance against Ten and 3 poor ones against LAC, Ten and Buf. Not Dak level playoff bad but not good. Then again, he was hampered by Roman being his OC, and now he has Monken. It'll be interesting to see how he and the team respond this playoff season.

Lots of smart money will be the Texans; lots of public money on the Ravens.

Conflicted on this game. You would make a ton of money fading Lamar as a big favorite and tailing him as small favorite or a dog. That said, the Texans are off essentially two playoff games, and the Ravens are rested and got to think they will be super-hyped to break their playoff funk. When they have been on this year, the Ravens have been scary blowing out the Lions, Dolphins, Niners and Seahawks. The Ravens have 9 wins by double digits this year.

Lots of smart money will be the Texans; lots of public money on the Ravens.

Conflicted on this game. You would make a ton of money fading Lamar as a big favorite and tailing him as small favorite or a dog. That said, the Texans are off essentially two playoff games, and the Ravens are rested and got to think they will be super-hyped to break their playoff funk. When they have been on this year, the Ravens have been scary blowing out the Lions, Dolphins, Niners and Seahawks. The Ravens have 9 wins by double digits this year.
Texans are the 1 playoff dog I like this week. That game also has the lowest o/u at 44. I like the over assuming decent weather. Supposed to be cold but fine Sunday as any precip is moving thru the mid-Atlantic on Friday. Think my favorite line is Bills giving less than a FG at home.

Recriminations are coming fast and loud from many corners of the Eagles team, writers and players. Eagles will look very different by July. And it won't be just Midnight green vs Kelly green.

Back