• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Recriminations are coming fast and loud from many corners of the Eagles team, writers and players. Eagles will look very different by July. And it won't be just Midnight green vs Kelly green.
Yeah, I don't think Sirianni survives. Also saw where Howard Eskin said that if Sirianni is fired, Belichick won't be the replacement. He said Lurie hates Belichick. Which probably means he wouldn't go after Vrabel either. I'd guess he'd go with an offensive guy to fix Hurts and get him back to last year's production - Ben Johnson or Slowik.

And now Shefy is saying Tomlin will be back in Pittsburgh next season.

Last edited:
Who had Sirianni getting canned (or even on the hot seat) on their bingo card 11 months ago? Wild.

Texans are the 1 playoff dog I like this week. That game also has the lowest o/u at 44. I like the over assuming decent weather. Supposed to be cold but fine Sunday as any precip is moving thru the mid-Atlantic on Friday. Think my favorite line is Bills giving less than a FG at home.
Ravens/Texans game is on Saturday, not Sunday. Houston basically has "lifetime rights" to the 4:30pm Saturday playoff spot, no matter who they are playing!

The knuckle dragging in the comments is pathetic.

What evidence is there that Sirriani is a good oc?
Sirianni has only been an OC once, and that was with Reich at Indy, and Reich called the plays there. Maybe there is a Philly fan who can help us out, but I believe Steichen called plays prior to this year, and Brian Johnson called plays this year. Has Sirianni ever called plays before?

Sorry unc, got my days wrong, but it should be cold but decent weather on Saturday in Balmur.

Ravens/Texans game is on Saturday, not Sunday. Houston basically has "lifetime rights" to the 4:30pm Saturday playoff spot, no matter who they are playing!
Yep. Texans always play the early Saturday game when TV ratings are the least important. Running joke is that if Texans beat the Ravens, they will move the AFC Title game to Saturday at 4:30, and again, if the Texans advance to the Super Bowl, that game will be moved to Saturday at 4:30.

The nation may be sleeping on Ryans, Slowik and Stroud, but I'm not. They're a well coached and disciplined team, and Stroud is a stud QB. How many QBs would you take over him? Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and maybe Jackson? And I say maybe Jackson because Stroud has already played a phenomenal playoff game against a good D whereas Jackson has yet to have a solid to good playoff game.

So Cleveland has now fired their OC Van Pelt and a couple of other offensive assistants. Stefanski calls the plays there, but it's kinda odd you fire your OC and offensive assistants after the offense did a great job down the stretch throwing for 300+ every game with an elderly QB off the street. And while the offense was not good at Houston, your vaunted defense was even worse.

Last edited:
FWIW, the 2013 Washington Redskins went 3-13. Bad team.

The coaching staff:

HC: Mike Shanahan
OC: Kyle Shanahan
WR: Mike McDaniel
TE: Sean McVay
Defensive assistant: Bobby Slowik (the current Texans OC and future HC)

Some pretty strong offensive minds.

The coaching staff:

I have a friend who is a Skins fan who brings this up all the time. My recollection is that that was the team with RG3, who had gotten his knee destroyed the year prior by Haloti Ngata and later Seattle, and they were trying to make him a pocket passer. And RG3 was warring with the coaching staff and being empowered by Snyder. There was a lot of dysfunction that year. That's the thing about Snyder - he managed to suck in so many different ways as an owner.

The coaching staff:

Matt LaFleur was the QB coach

Raheem Morris was also the DB coach

I have a friend who is a Skins fan who brings this up all the time. My recollection is that that was the team with RG3, who had gotten his knee destroyed the year prior by Haloti Ngata and later Seattle, and they were trying to make him a pocket passer. And RG3 was warring with the coaching staff and being empowered by Snyder. There was a lot of dysfunction that year. That's the thing about Snyder - he managed to suck in so many different ways as an owner.
Under Danny boy, disfunction was the only function.

Back