• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

i think belichick wants the cowboys or bills gig, both might be open next season
He can have the Cowboys gig and all their infighting. Good luck with that. Bills are interesting with all their cap problems. They're going to have to shed some salaries, but I bet they use a 1st on a WR in a good WR draft, and that should improve the offense. But I don't see them imploding and McDermott getting fired. More likely that Philly implodes, but 1 of the Philly sports guys says Lurie hates Belichick. I think the hoodie may be done - involuntarily.

The Bills were ravaged at LB by the end of the year. That cost them big time against the Chiefs. Totally different story this week with Queen and Roquan.

Can you imagine how bad Bill Belichick must be in these interviews?

He's cantankerous to begin with. Also notoriously unpleasant to work with and used to getting his way in most personnel decisions. He's arguably the most successful head coach in NFL history, but he's having to interview for these jobs I'm sure he feels like are in many ways beneath him.

I can 100% understand going with a different candidate that goes though the hiring process with excitement and genuine enthusiasm.

He's cantankerous to begin with. Also notoriously unpleasant to work with and used to getting his way in most personnel decisions. He's arguably the most successful head coach in NFL history, but he's having to interview for these jobs I'm sure he feels like are in many ways beneath him.

I can 100% understand going with a different candidate that goes though the hiring process with excitement and genuine enthusiasm.
do you really think he is interviewing? he is meeting with teams, to see. if it's a fit...as much for him as for them. it's not like he is walking in with a list of references and a resume

This idea that Belichick is "interviewing" is preposterous. It's just about getting to know each other and seeing if things click, make sense, agree on direction

Or maybe, the idea of a 71-year-old working head coaching hours after already being considered the best coach in NFL history makes owners wonder if he has same drive as a younger coach who is trying to make a name for themself.

Bill is an amazing head coach, while he is a defensive guy, he was able to change his offenses multiple times over the last twenty years to match his personnel and has been successful doing so. In 2021, the Monday night game against the Bills, where the Pats won 14-10 after only throwing 3 passes, shows he hadn't lost his fastball. He is still an expert game planner. His issues though have been drafting and being too loyal to guys on his coaching staff. If you are trying to build a team from the ground up like the Falcons are, those are glaring issues. Bill is a better fit for a team that is ready to compete, which I don't think any of these openings are (maybe the Titans). The ideal position for him now would be to come in as an advisor to the head coach and help with game planning, that is if he even wants to do that now.

Or maybe, the idea of a 71-year-old working head coaching hours after already being considered the best coach in NFL history makes owners wonder if he has same drive as a younger coach who is trying to make a name for themself.

Bill is an amazing head coach, while he is a defensive guy, he was able to change his offenses multiple times over the last twenty years to match his personnel and has been successful doing so. In 2021, the Monday night game against the Bills, where the Pats won 14-10 after only throwing 3 passes, shows he hadn't lost his fastball. He is still an expert game planner. His issues though have been drafting and being too loyal to guys on his coaching staff. If you are trying to build a team from the ground up like the Falcons are, those are glaring issues. Bill is a better fit for a team that is ready to compete, which I don't think any of these openings are (maybe the Titans). The ideal position for him now would be to come in as an advisor to the head coach and help with game planning, that is if he even wants to do that now.

Replace “Bill” with “Tony” and this could be a cville post.

This idea that Belichick is "interviewing" is preposterous. It's just about getting to know each other and seeing if things click, make sense, agree on direction
Of course he is interviewing. I realize the dynamic and format is different than an entry level job interview, but my point was that he's going to come off completely differently in these discussions than younger, less experienced coaches who have been working toward this opportunity for most of their adult lives.

Bill's gonna come in there with more of a take it or leave it kind of an approach, I imagine. Wearing the 6 rings.

Think of it as having a meeting with Colonel Nathan R. Jessup.

Think of it as having a meeting with Colonel Nathan R. Jessup.
"I run my unit how I run my unit. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 500 miles from a Buffalo Bills Mafia that is trained to kill me, so don't think for one second, Arthur Blank, that you can come in here, flash your cash, and make me nervous."

"Uh, got it. Thank you, Bill. Don't call us; we'll call you."

Falcons fans are pretty stupid and extremely bandwagon only when good so it probably won’t matter but it’s really unfair to the coach you hire to interview Belichick since that’s now your comparator what if.

I watch A LOT of Ravens football. This team is historically good. One of the best teams of the last 20 years. They should win big next week.
Their defense against the titans was just smothering

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Come playoff time, team health matters a lot more than it does in the regular season.

Back