• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Odd considering the new owner paid about $7 billion for the team.

Odd considering the new owner paid about $7 billion for the team.
Must not have had any change left.

But seriously, it's ridiculous to pay $7B for a team and not throw in $10M a year or whatever for the hot young coach.

Last edited:
agreed

trent mcduffie and chris jones are the only elite players on defense, yet they get it done every playoffs as a team
Sneed, Gay, Bolton is doing ok with one arm, still think Cook will be really good assuming he can return 100% next year.

Not sure if they are elite, but really good.

I don’t think any son of Fred Smith can claim that God has dealt them a bad hand.
Yeah, after he is fired, he won't be hurting for $$. But Ridder and Pickett are QBs that are coach killers. Tomlin has said they're bringing in QB competition for Pickett and I assume will let go of Trubisky. They're probably drafting too late for that competition to be a rookie. So that could mean signing Wilson, Cousins or Mayfield or trading for Fields. Fields, Cousins and even Mayfield would be significant upgrades with much higher salaries, so any of them would be the presumed starter. So the only true competition might be signing Wilson for $1mil.

wihtout posting any other data, this sounds like schefter just carrying water for the teams Johnson turned down.
I guess there's they could be saying Johnson stepped out of his lane. But it looks like those teams are cheap. I'm not sure that's a narrative they'd want.

The Johnson asking price issue seems to conflict with the revelation that Johnson advised the Commanders that he was staying in Detroit precisely at the time the Commanders front office where in flight to Detroit to talk in person to Johnson.

This is from a Yahoo article on the situation:

After Quinn departed his interview, Washington brass hopped on a flight for Detroit to interview Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson and defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn.

While in flight, Johnson called the Commanders and the Seattle Seahawks to inform them he was withdrawing his name from consideration. Johnson, long perceived to be the top candidate, was returning for another year in Detroit.

Washington still made the trip to interview Glenn.

If the Commanders had already determined that Johnson was asking for too much why did the team send its reps to meet and presumably negotiate with him?

looks like teams are moving away from the re-tread inflated coach salaries. probably a good thing to get new young blood a chance.

i don't see a team going for belichick or carroll any time soon

The Johnson asking price issue seems to conflict with the revelation that Johnson advised the Commanders that he was staying in Detroit precisely at the time the Commanders front office where in flight to Detroit to talk in person to Johnson.

This is from a Yahoo article on the situation:

After Quinn departed his interview, Washington brass hopped on a flight for Detroit to interview Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson and defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn.

While in flight, Johnson called the Commanders and the Seattle Seahawks to inform them he was withdrawing his name from consideration. Johnson, long perceived to be the top candidate, was returning for another year in Detroit.

Washington still made the trip to interview Glenn.

If the Commanders had already determined that Johnson was asking for too much why did the team send its reps to meet and presumably negotiate with him?
yep. it was a plant with Schefter to save face by the commmanders

Back