• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

I didn't really get to see much of the Cowboys game today but I've seen the box score and a few highlights.

HOW BOUT EM

Last week was clearly an aberration following 7s injury. No chance the Cowboys lose another game all year or even give up a touchdown again. I feel confident in this and don't think it is at all false bravado.

Combined score of the 4 PM games is 66-13 right now.

Good thing they pack 9 games into the 1 PM slate and have only these 3 in the 4 PM slate.
I don’t get this either. Never understood the heavy skew towards 1pm games week in and week out. Would love to see it evened out, particularly as someone with Sunday Ticket.

I don’t get this either. Never understood the heavy skew towards 1pm games week in and week out. Would love to see it evened out, particularly as someone with Sunday Ticket.
Will never happen.
TV companies know spreading games 1pm gets lots of revenue streams. Then concentrate streams of revenue into a few options and profit on ratings from people already locked into watching football on Sunday.

I've seen other people who know this stuff point out that neither is the other's type based on both of their dating histories. Then they just happen to start dating early in the NFL season, two months before her tour ends, weeks before her movie, right about when you'd start to see ads ramp up for a film.
Swift's movie comes out Friday, October 13.

Last Sunday Bears-Chiefs on FOX started the NFL-Swift merger.
This Sunday Chiefs-Jets on NBC SNF kept it going.
Next Sunday Chiefs-Vikings on CBS might be a national game.
Then the Chiefs just happen to have TNF on Amazon Prime the night Swift's movie releases.

Everybody except ESPN/ABC gets a piece of this Kelce-Swift hype leading up to her movie release.

Taylor Swift has a movie coming out?

Good for her. I hope that helps her find some success globally!

Was assuming he was just going to walk into the endzone to cover that point spread after all the 1st down runs he had converted on that drive leading up to that, but nope!

If the season ended with today's NFL standings, the Bears will hold #1 and #2 picks in the 2024 draft. Will the savvy Bears trade up with themselves?

Last edited:
Swift's movie comes out Friday, October 13.

Last Sunday Bears-Chiefs on FOX started the NFL-Swift merger.
This Sunday Chiefs-Jets on NBC SNF kept it going.
Next Sunday Chiefs-Vikings on CBS might be a national game.
Then the Chiefs just happen to have TNF on Amazon Prime the night Swift's movie releases.

Everybody except ESPN/ABC gets a piece of this Kelce-Swift hype leading up to her movie release.
So, the idea here is that Taylor is fake dating Kelce so she can focus her movie promotion largely on the obese, 50 year white male demographic, many of whom are MAGA nuts who hate her? Interesting strategy.

So, the idea here is that Taylor is fake dating Kelce so she can focus her movie promotion largely on the obese, 50 year white male demographic, many of whom are MAGA nuts who hate her? Interesting strategy.

MAGA nuts stopped watching the NFL after Kaepernick kneeled. Keep up.

It’s pretty straightforward. Use the most watched TV events in the country in the Fall to hype up a movie coming out Oct 13 to target the audience she lacks. The NFL benefits by marketing the league to young people and women who isn’t their normal audience. Four of the five NFL media partners get a piece of the Swift boost including the night of the release. All of it seems completely organic and doesn’t cost either side much money.

MAGA nuts stopped watching the NFL after Kaepernick kneeled. Keep up.

It’s pretty straightforward. Use the most watched TV events in the country in the Fall to hype up a movie coming out Oct 13 to target the audience she lacks. The NFL benefits by marketing the league to young people and women who isn’t their normal audience. Four of the five NFL media partners get a piece of the Swift boost including the night of the release. All of it seems completely organic and doesn’t cost either side much money.
Have they even mentioned her movie on the NFL broadcasts?

Back