• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Chase for Lord Stanley's Cup

Saw the cup today, pretty cool. The entire team (minus Thomas, Ryder, and Seidenberg) was boozing at an outdoor bar near my house. I was inches from the cup. I wanted to challenge Marchand to a chug off from the cup... but it didnt happen. I love that little bastard but would hate him if he was on another team.

264542_10150283989694258_536439257_9109122_8363823_n.jpg

246965_10150283990049258_536439257_9109127_4387338_n.jpg

246841_10150283990714258_536439257_9109133_7452390_n.jpg

Ya think? Is this Thelma or Louise?

SedinPunch_Final_0.gif

Marchand Punch GIF.

Saw the cup today, pretty cool. The entire team (minus Thomas, Ryder, and Seidenberg) was boozing at an outdoor bar near my house. I was inches from the cup. I wanted to challenge Marchand to a chug off from the cup... but it didnt happen. I love that little bastard but would hate him if he was on another team.

Awesome! What bar was this, if I may ask?

Edit to add - never mind, I found out this was Tia's.

Last edited:
Everything I keep reading about the Vancouver riots has Vancouver people interviewed, saying "it was just a few thugs."

Dude, it was hundreds of people. That city is fucking insane.

Awesome! What bar was this, if I may ask?

Edit to add - never mind, I found out this was Tia's.

Yeah it was at Tia's. Some of the guys were saying they were all going to dinner at Stella later, and that Chara was taking the cup to NYC the next day for a morning show. The cool thing was the white gloved NHL stanley cup caretakers were also at the bar just kind of hovering a safe distance away.

How was that Marchand punches thing not a penalty by the way? Facewashing is one thing but those were jabs!

Stray Twitter message spotted on Sons of Sam Horn site:

I hope Luongo filled the air in Tim Thomas' duck boat tires for the #rollingrally !#fb

I love all the pictures and stories of the Bruins players just walking around Boston with the cup. This shot of Ference and Chara is fantastic (I think they were heading to Tias). I don't know if its the same way with other teams/cities (it may be) but its awesome how accessible and open the Bruins players have been with fans after the finals. It seems like everyone in Boston knows someone who has run into a group of players (often with the cup) and I've heard nothing but great things

6dabec_Cup_06172011.jpg

I get the feeling Brad Marchand hasn't stopped drinking since the locker room celebration

The 2011-2012 NHL schedule came out last week and the Bruins open with Philly at home on Oct 6th for the banner raising ceremony. The awful taste I had in my mouth after our epic choke vs the Flyers in 2010 is now gone after sweeping them en route to a Stanley Cup Championship in 2010. We also play Vancouver this season in a bit of a "rematch" game in Boston so I was excited to see that on the schedule. We also get Detroit on the day after Thanksgiving during a day game, that's always a really fun day to attend games, they usuall do a day/night Bruins/Celtics doubleheader at the Garden.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyweek.htm#?navid=nav-sch-main

In other news, the Bruins raised my season ticket prices 25%... but in full disclosure that decision had already been made back in March. We had to re-up for the 2011-2012 season by mid-March if we wanted to get access to playoff tickets at season ticketholder prices.

Stanley Cup makes it to Vancouver. Just visiting of course.

StanleyCupLucicinVancouver.jpg

Bruins winger Milan Lucic had his day with the Stanley Cup on Sunday, and he brought it back to the place where the Bruins won it -- his hometown of Vancouver. Lucic and his girlfriend, Brittany Carnegie, took it to the top of Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver.

Other pix of the touring Cup here:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/gallery/stanley_cup_bruins_sightings/

Seidenberg had it Atlantic City last week. I didn't even realize till then that he lives in Margate (next to A.C.) in the offseason. Apparently he married a Jersey girl while playing for the Flyers.

Seidenberg had it Atlantic City last week. I didn't even realize till then that he lives in Margate (next to A.C.) in the offseason. Apparently he married a Jersey girl while playing for the Flyers.

Check out pic #2 (linked).

Reports circulating that ex-Canucks enforcer Rick Rypien, who had signed this offseason with Winnipeg, committed suicide. Cousin of ex-NFLer Mark Rypien (who, incidentally, I just learned has a daughter who plays QB in the Lingerie Football League).

Reports circulating that ex-Canucks enforcer Rick Rypien, who had signed this offseason with Winnipeg, committed suicide. Cousin of ex-NFLer Mark Rypien (who, incidentally, I just learned has a daughter who plays QB in the Lingerie Football League).
Pound for pound, maybe the best fighter in the league.

Back