• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Chase for Lord Stanley's Cup

I'm going to be really depressed if the Canes miss the playoffs. It will cap off the worst sports year of my lifetime. UNC will probably go on to win the national title just to add insult to injury.

Agreed. Im ready to make a few playoff games once classes are over. Been planning on it for a while. :rulz:

Said it on the old board, but I don't care what seed the Caps get...I just don't want to see the Rangers in the first round.

I'm going to be really depressed if the Canes miss the playoffs. It will cap off the worst sports year of my lifetime. UNC will probably go on to win the national title just to add insult to injury.

Seriously. Though, it was nice the Braves got back to the playoffs and gave the Giants a challenge.

I love watching hockey, more so live, but I can see how people don't get in to it. If you don't have an HD TV, you are wasting your time watching on TV. Televised hockey was made for HD.

Pittsburgh and Detroit was a pretty awesome game.
Grew up with Modano playing for the North Stars, so I always like seeing him score.
-----
Cooke being suspended for 10 games and a playoff series is a great move by the NHL to show head hits will not be tolerated.
-----
Washington v. Philadelphia on Tuesday should be pretty good. Too bad Ovie is not playing, it could have been a great battle. Hopefully it still is, but regardless, Go Flyers!

Detroit almost gave me an early birthday present last night. Crazy that they still got a point after being down 0-4. Glad to see Modano score... thought he would be a bigger contributor this season, but missing 3 months to injury never helps the stats. Somehow I knew that Neil was going to score in the shootout... as soon as he came up, I told my wife it was over. He is going to be such a good player for the Pens, and I hate it.

Well at least the 'Canes are exceeding expectations, not many thought they'd be in the running for the playoffs at this point. But I'm on board with your sentiment ... as a Deacs, Panthers, Cubs and somewhatBobcats fan I'm desperate for some success

Big game for seeding between the Caps and Flyers tonight... then the Flyers turn right around and play the Pens.

The Hurricanes are the only thing that matters to me in sports right now.

Tonight is HUGE. GO CANES!

It's all about the Preds, baby! Makin some moves late in the season w/ a bunch of home games to nab that last playoff spot

The Preds have fans?

Just joking, everybody up north asks me the same thing about Carolina...even though they hosted the ASG and regularly sell out games.

Either way, 2 hours to puck drop. TIME TO GET IT DONE, BOYS!

Can't say I know that for sure. Haven't been anywhere else. But if there are places that are louder, hats off to them.

Can't say I know that for sure. Haven't been anywhere else. But if there are places that are louder, hats off to them.

I'm actually referencing a quote by Don Cherry from TSN during the Canes 2006 Cup Run. He said he's never heard a louder arena than the RBC center that year.

Back