• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

I say we do whatever we can to go after Ullmark or Swayman after this year. Swayman's on an expiring contract right?

I know Boston will do everything they can to keep them, but they've got over $8 million tied up in net.

I don't see them getting rid of Swayman due to the 6 year age difference, so maybe we could work something out for Ullmark?

IDK man.

I just hate having EVERY ONE of my sports teams losing at the same time. It's dejecting...and makes everything else seem worse when my life's distraction/getaway is nothing but negative.

I think I'm gonna be one of those shitty fans and am gonna skip the Canucks game. Maybe I'm the bad luck charm.

It's so strange...it feels like we are in Chicago/San Jose territory (I know that's a bit extreme, but you know me)....but we are 4 points back from Vancouver. That seems wrong.

EDIT: We dropped from 2nd in the Metro to the 2nd Wild Card spot.

What about Matt Murray from Toronto?

He was 14-8-2, 3.01 GAA, 0.903 SV% with 1 Shutout last year.

Buuuuut nevermind he is injured. Out 4-6 months

They can't find the answer, I'm certainly not going to...I'll stop now.

Damn....Noesen gets caught with an S-bomb on live TV, and then he, Martinook and Coach Rod all say there's guys not pulling their weight, and that some are just sitting back, some are bringing it every night, but there are some that aren't playing their part.

Is he talking about the goalies, or the defense? Or is it that we aren't playing offensively enough? Who do you think they were talking about?

Detroit has been running Husso, Lyon and Reimer havent they?...maybe we can grab one of those?

I'd hate picking up that homophobe Reimer, but he's a former Cane so maybe he could do something?

He's currently 2-2-2, 2.30 GAA, 0.917 SV%

EDIT: I knew he had played, but looks like his last game was 11/16
Hard pass on Reimer. There is a reason the Canes let him go. Goalie situation is a problem, but this team continues to struggle putting pucks in the net. And wtf with the short handed goals??

Damn....Noesen gets caught with an S-bomb on live TV, and then he, Martinook and Coach Rod all say there's guys not pulling their weight, and that some are just sitting back, some are bringing it every night, but there are some that aren't playing their part.

Is he talking about the goalies, or the defense? Or is it that we aren't playing offensively enough? Who do you think they were talking about?
I don’t think the D is the issue. Canes don’t give up a ton of shots.

I struggle to say it's not the D. At times they leave the Goalies exposed and while we don't give up a ton of shots a lot of them have been high quality shots.

We also have this tendency for the D to skate in and take this bad angle rocket shot that goes wide, soars past everyone and leads to a breakaway for the other team. Frustrating. Something is not right with the whole scheme.

Re: Goalie Trade Market, here's an update from Pierre LeBrun's column today:

Red Wings and Habs goalies​

It sounds like the Detroit Red Wings are comfortable keeping all three of their goalies for the full season as they protect themselves at the position for a run at the playoffs, although I would throw in the normal caveat that if someone steps up with a good enough offer, they would have to listen.

But the Montreal Canadiens are still hoping to move a goalie. They don’t want to hold three all season. They’re listening on Jake Allen and Cayden Primeau and would be willing to trade either. I don’t believe they’ve had a trade offer on either yet, but it’s still early.

The New Jersey Devils, Carolina and Edmonton are teams to monitor as far as potential goalie needs.

The Metro has a mushy middle. There are five teams between .558 and .587 points percentage, and that doesn't include the Penguins who remain analytics darlings despite sitting at .481 with a GD boosted by a singular blowout of the Sharks.

Also, the Penguins are haven't scored on their last 37 PP attempts. Kucherov has more PP points than the entire Pittsburgh roster. And somehow, they still don't have the worst PP in the league - that's Washington at 9% effectiveness.

Lotta guys MIA the past few games…it’s early, but thus far the off-season acquisitions have been hugely disappointing

Didn't watch the game last night, saw that the score was 1-3 in the 2nd and assumed it was going to be another blowout, only to see that we tied it 2 minutes into the 3rd period, only to have the winning goal scored on us a minute or so later.

Back to important stuff....MAIL DAY!!!

So fuckin sharp!!! I didn't really want a Connor jersey, but that was the only one they had that was a player jersey, I didn't want a blank jersey, and the custom ones just take too long and are more expensive, even if I choose a player on the team.

I love these alternate/retro/anniversary jerseys from teams. Next I want the Calgary Flames "Blasty" Flaming Horse Head jersey:

So what's the news on Svechnikov?

They said "Unfortunate news"....and Yahoo says he's out indefinitely "at least for a while".

Game just showed the highlight of the cross check to the back from the Winnipeg game.

So another year without Svech.

4-1 CANES WIN!!!!!!!!!

Probably the best game I've seen Kochetkov play. He stood on his head a few times! That 2 pad save, the stop on the Tkachuk penalty shot, getting in their heads, just unreal. His glove was EVERYWHERE.

Aho lit it up in the 2nd with 2G, 1A (I think it was all in the 2nd). Turbo with an assist, Jarvis with a Goal....just....yum yum yummy!

4-1 CANES WIN!!!!!!!!!

Probably the best game I've seen Kochetkov play. He stood on his head a few times! That 2 pad save, the stop on the Tkachuk penalty shot, getting in their heads, just unreal. His glove was EVERYWHERE.

Aho lit it up in the 2nd with 2G, 1A (I think it was all in the 2nd). Turbo with an assist, Jarvis with a Goal....just....yum yum yummy!
Kochetkov was electric tonight

So what's the news on Svechnikov?

They said "Unfortunate news"....and Yahoo says he's out indefinitely "at least for a while".

Game just showed the highlight of the cross check to the back from the Winnipeg game.

So another year without Svech.
He took a BS cross check from behind to his lower side/back where there isn't any protection against Winnipeg. It was a dirty hit that went uncalled and unpunished. So he probably has broken ribs or something

Back