• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Martin did play well. Great win considering it was on TNT! Usually those go real bad for us.

So how is the combination of Week 17 and Week 18 going to affect Fantasy playoffs?

Will the playoffs still be the same weeks and we just lose a week against one of our opponents? Or was that all factored in at the beginning?

Thanks

It's all factored in - Week 17 will run long because of the All-Star Break (January 29th-February 11th). Week 18 picks back up February 12th with the normal schedule.

The playoffs are,
Week 23 Quarterfinals, March 18th-March 24th
Week 24 Semifinals, March 25th-March 31st
Week 25 Finals, April 1st-April 7th

And just to be doubly (doubley?) sure....player adds don't reset on the 5th (a week from tomorrow at the end of the All-Star break), we only have 7 adds from tomorrow until 2 weeks from tomorrow?

KK - 1 goal since November is just not good enough. Hard to be blame Raanta for all of those goals. We had a 30-6 SOG advantage and we’re losing at one point, need to find ways to finish. Also, the dogshit PP has returned. We are going to get throttled by Boston.

Also, I was just reading back over the last couple pages to see things I missed, and I thought this was funny.

Since December 1st, the Canes have the #1 PP% (35.4%, 5.6% better than #2 Colorado), and the #1 PK% (a staggering 92.4%, 4.6% better than #2 Philadelphia).

[EDIT: Side note, we are #2 in PP% on the year, 1.9% behind TBL, and we are #4 in PK% on the year, 2.9% behind LAK at #1 (0.2% behind #3 CGY, and 1.7% behind #2 PHI)]

If we can maybe make 1 or 2 moves at the trade deadline (hopefully for some help in goal if Freddie or Koch don't get over their injuries), couple that with the #1 Special Teams, we definitely have a shot a beating ANY team in ANY series.

It’s also exiting that this team seems to play up to competition in big games, like the rangers beat down and win in Boston. I think the slow start can be blamed on lack of focus. They know they’re going to the playoffs and are a lot more interested in what happens then.

You can also blame part of the slow start on trying to play Tony DeAngelo the first 5-6 weeks of the season....now that he is relegated to a healthy scratch, the team (and Orlov) has looked much better.

I do think that trying to play 7 defensemen hurt us Early. That and struggling goalies. Hopefully we do make a move to solidify by deadline.

Agreed....everyone assumed Tony D would be the PP QB based on his previous stint, but then we tried to shoehorn Orlov into lineups as well (not necessarily PP) and we just got overwhelmed and out of rhythm.

Maybe we can trade Tony D for a solid piece...teams would definitely go for him

You can also blame part of the slow start on trying to play Tony DeAngelo the first 5-6 weeks of the season....now that he is relegated to a healthy scratch, the team (and Orlov) has looked much better.

It's really a shame because I LOVE Tony...He was so much fun to watch when he was here before....but now Burnsy has taken my heart.

Yeah I liked Tony a lot last time, but he doesn't really have a place with this team. I also have a feeling Orlov is going to pick it up offensively. That shot last night was absolutely filthy.

The first three playoff spots have been claimed. Meanwhile, Numbers is out of the playoff picture at the moment, despite strong underlying analyticals. That's what the league's hardest SOS and some bad luck will do to you.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

In 1995 my parents went to an event that had a silent auction. There was one item that I guess no one else was bidding on, so they bid on it, and at the end of the night they came home with a Blaine Lacher signed goalie stick. Blaine had just finished the season as the Bruins starting goalie, helping the Bruins to the playoffs in his first NHL season. Unfortunately for Blaine, he would only play 9 more NHL games over the rest of his career. The Blaine Lacher signed goalie stick, quickly came down from the wall and ended up becoming our street hockey goalie stick before it got broken in a sibling tussle.

Anyways, RIP Blaine Lacher, whose name I will always remember.

The first three playoff spots have been claimed. Meanwhile, Numbers is out of the playoff picture at the moment, despite strong underlying analyticals. That's what the league's hardest SOS and some bad luck will do to you.

View attachment 7800

View attachment 7801

What are the "Strong Underlying Analyticals"?

That aside, is anyone watching the All-Star/Skills Competition?

They are on the passing competition right now where they have different stations they try to pass the puck and hit boxes that are worth 1, 2, and 3 points where the bigger the points the smaller the box.

Kucherov just went and lackadaisically skated around, shot weakly at all of the large 1 point boxes and literally did not care. The Toronto fans even boo-ed him, it was that bad. It was pathetic and not cool to do that at an event that is for the fans.

Last edited:
Did it again during the stick handling competition.

Bullshit. He DID lose the puck, but then just barely moved after that. Sad

Back