• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

McDavid wins the Skills Competition (that he helped design) and the $1 Million prize that goes along with it!

Jets get Sean Monahan for a 2024 1st Rd Pick and a 2027 Conditional 3rd Rd Pick.

And surprisingly, the LA Kings fired their coach Todd McClellan after leading the Pacific Division earlier in the season with a 20-7-4 record....then they lost 8 games in a row, and have now lost 4 of their past 7....so they felt a change was needed. Surprising and disappointing for a team and coach that seemed to be turning the corner.

This was on Reddit, and I wanted to gather the opinion of those here.

Someone wrote: "This trade offer was accepted in my league, everyone seems to have a problem with it, is it veto worthy?"

And in the comments they wrote that the bottom team was 1-14 and the top team was in the top 2 or 3 of the league.

Team A (Top 2) GETS:
E. Lindholm (VAN)
T. Thompson (BUF)

Team B (Last Place) GETS:
D. Strome (WSH)
G. Nyquist (NSH)

What do you say, veto worthy?

I won't veto anything unless there's obvious and abundant signs of collusion, or if both managers tell everyone it was a mistake.

As for trade proposals in a vacuum (even sketchy looking ones), they are just that. We're not seeing the scoring settings, the league makeup, whether there are keepers, etc. There are possible mitigating factors, including the fact that perhaps some managers are just idiots.

I won't veto anything unless there's obvious and abundant signs of collusion, or if both managers tell everyone it was a mistake.

As for trade proposals in a vacuum (even sketchy looking ones), they are just that. We're not seeing the scoring settings, the league makeup, whether there are keepers, etc. There are possible mitigating factors, including the fact that perhaps some managers are just idiots.

Exactly. EVERYONE in the comments was saying "OBVIOUS COLLUSION" and "DEFINITELY VETO!!!"

The guy said it wasn't a keeper league BTW.

I agree that you don't veto unless something is OBVIOUS....and the guys being more high-profile players is not OBVIOUS. If the players are close on points, then it has to be allowed barring something strange like current injuries or something.

But when I went and looked at the players in our league, they were pretty damn even. Nyquist/Strome actually have more points, and more IRL goals/assists/PPP.

They said the trade got vetoed within hours. Sad.

I just hate when people are like "Two good players for two no-name waiver wire players? That's totally collusion!!". That's always been my problem with fantasy sports is that people get stuck on the names on the back of the jerseys and logos on the front and not on the actual stats.

What is NET btw? Numbers NET is apparently very good, but I don't know what that is lol

This t-shirt went so hard in middle school
il_fullxfull.2952511384_jcr8.jpg

I’m euphoric about the Wake ass kicking in Atlanta and Clemson beating the Holes (and the refs) in CH for the second time in three years. So I’m not going to complain about the Canes conceding three goals in 16 shots to the best team in hockey.

Not only 3 Goals for Marty, but only 3 SOG for the Canes

So we're 100% Shooting and up 3-0 lol

Jesus christ Canes....

2 Goals in the last 30 seconds of the 1st from COL make it 3-2.

That Girard goal from outside the blue line was unreal

Oh wow, Raanta in for Kooch?

A little early if you ask me...and potentially game-changing in a bad way.

Mark it down....Necas scores at least 2 more points tonight. I'm thinking another goal and an assist.

Hopefully a 5-goal game, but either is fine lol.

Back