• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Canes winning despite Svech who has been invisible outside of bad penalties.

Totally disappointing and he's going to HAVE to step up if we are going to make a deep run.

Right now we're lucky Guentzel is on fire with what I think they said are the most points to start a career with the franchise in history. But I may be wrong about that stat from last night.

Totally disappointing and he's going to HAVE to step up if we are going to make a deep run.

Right now we're lucky Guentzel is on fire with what I think they said are the most points to start a career with the franchise in history. But I may be wrong about that stat from last night.
Yeah Canes still struggle to convert shots (45 last night) into goals. Adam Gold suggested moving Svetch to the Drury Noesen line and Teuvo to the Kuzy Necas line. I agree.

@OblongPickle

On Yahoo, you can't drop a player who played/started on your team that day until 3am ET the following day. I don't think the error message/problem you have is with who you are adding, but rather who you're trying to drop to make it happen. If you use a bench player instead, it should work.

The rub, obviously, is you want to play your guys who can AND THEN drop them (which you can't do until the next day). And if you have a bench player to drop, you could've dropped him much earlier (a previous day, that morning, etc.) to accomplish the same goal (breaking news situations excluded).

Shoulda put some $$ on the Pens to make the playoffs before these Detroit/Philly/Wash regulation losses. They are getting in

The East WC2 race is just lol.

Buffalo beat the Flyers and now they have a shot, too!

Yeah I think Buffalo is one of the eight best teams, but dug themselves too deep of a hole.

Pens for sure and I’d say the Isles get in as well, but less confident about that one

Didn't Jeff Skinner just break a dubious record for most games played without a playoff appearance. Or most goals scored without a playoff appearance? Either way, I hope they get in for him.

Canes win in Boston 4-1. Now tied I believe for the second best record in the East. Three road games left against average teams.

Sabres should have never traded Mitts when they were still in contention to make the playoffs. But if missing out again helps them get rid of their soft coach and get someone Ruff, it might be worth it in the long run

Anyone in the Carolina's having issue with Ballys and the Hurricanes games?

I watch on the Spectrum app in my man cave and the last 3 games they've had NHL HOCKEY - HURRICANES vs XXXXXXX listed on the Ballys channel on the guide, but when I go to the channel it shows the Braves game. This happens on my laptop as well. However, in the living room where we have the Spectrum DVR box, the same Bally's station is showing the Canes game. WTF is going on?

My only recourse has been to use my VPN to change location and watch on ESPN+, but tonight it says its on NHL NET, which I'll also have to use VPN to access.

Big 5-2 win over the Blues tonight!!

Puts us 1 point back of the Rangers and League-lead in points. Rangers have Islanders and Senators* at home remaining, we head to Chicago and Columbus. Realllllly liking our chances of taking the President's Trophy home! 🤞

:censored:

Anyone in the Carolina's having issue with Ballys and the Hurricanes games?

I watch on the Spectrum app in my man cave and the last 3 games they've had NHL HOCKEY - HURRICANES vs XXXXXXX listed on the Ballys channel on the guide, but when I go to the channel it shows the Braves game. This happens on my laptop as well. However, in the living room where we have the Spectrum DVR box, the same Bally's station is showing the Canes game. WTF is going on?
Yep, I called and bitched to Spectrum and they said it was a Bally's issue. So I contacted them on twitter and the said they were aware of the issue and were trying to fix it. Also apparently people in SC and GA have the Braves on their guides and are getting the Canes, But i tried using the Ballys app, and it worked fine. Just had to log in with my cable creds, and everything is good to go

Really want to drop Ballys the second the regular season ends on Tuesday, but Mike and Tripp are so much better to listen to than the ESPN/TNT guys, so I guess I'll keep it thru the 1st round.

Isles looking increasingly likely, would take a pretty unlikely series of events to not wind up with them now.

Not a huge fan of playing the same team in the first round two years in a row, and their D has been legit under Roy, two capable goalies playing well — but we could do a lot worse

I highly dislike the divisional playoff setup. They need to get back to just the two division winners and then the next six and just seed by points. Division teams already play 14 times a season, we don't need to see another 4-7 to start the playoffs.

Back