• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

This is feeding every cliche about the Canes - we look … “dainty”. No grit at all and trying to make 200 passes for the perfect highlight shot;

The not shooting isn't usually a problem for us, but it has been today. We gotta be sharper and ready to fire when the opportunities present themselves.

Also the problem with falling behind two goals, Rangers can hang out in front of the net and block everything

That goal was soft AF. We honestly had no business being in the game anyways so i suppose ball don’t lie

They haven’t played poorly (on 5v5) so idk why you say they have no business being in the game

After gong show 1st good effort all around - almost stole it. Not sure on Freddy for next game

Meh, we were slightly better 5v5. If we lose special teams like that all series, we deserve to lose. The quasi softie by Freddie was not that bad, he was cheating to what would have been a tap in on a 2v1. Winning away games is hard, I hope/think we learned a lot this game. I love that we didn't get out physicaled. I would be a lot more worried if we lost 1-0 or go blown out. We can score. Just gotta be better on the pk and pp.

Funny that you failed to mention the cheap shots by D’Angelo (on Cuylle) and Kuznetsov (on Fox).
Couldn't be more true. D'Angelo should have gotten 5 for his hit on Cuylle. Would have been fun to see how many goals the Rangers PP could have put up on a 5 minute major after scoring twice in less than 30 seconds over two PPs.

The hit on Cuylle should have been a major. Hilarious that it was only a 2 minute minor.
Funny. Because I believe that's the same hit that they were arguing at the intermission if it should have even been a penalty.

But penalties are going to happen in hockey. And when you get zero power play goals and give up two, you're probably going to lose.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
geez rangers fans, take the win and move on instead of complaining (lol) about the calls.

Wait, you mean to tell me that over-entitled fans who have won (checks notes) one title in the last 83 years have a persecution complex??? I'm shocked I tell ya'......

The hit on Cuylle should have been a major. Hilarious that it was only a 2 minute minor.

Couldn't be more true. D'Angelo should have gotten 5 for his hit on Cuylle. Would have been fun to see how many goals the Rangers PP could have put up on a 5 minute major after scoring twice in less than 30 seconds over two PPs.
I can't even tell if these are serious, after the no call on Trouba. Could have easily been a major, instead it was nothing. Hell, you could even consider the Kreider boarding for a major, as it put Jarvis' head/neck in a really sketchy position.

All in all, I think the refs adjudicated the two plays OK (basically a wash), but the idea that Rags fans would somehow feel like they got the short end is absolutely bonkers. The two high hits were probably equally borderline. The difference was a weak trip by CAR (that got removed) vs. a dangerous board by NYR.

Back