• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

We are ready for you. Sad to say that we are going abroad Saturday for two weeks and unable to torture you Cane fans during the Series. Just remember where you heard it.

Rangers in 6.

Pop

Good luck, Pop! I look forward to your post-game synopsis each morning after reading the newspaper to see what you missed from being tucked in by 7:00 pm.

I for one will miss Pops’ posts that never seem intended to actually talk about the rangers who he supposedly likes, just shallow digs at hurricanes fans. And because of those bad posts he assumes that everyone can’t stand rangers talk here.

I’ve been watching and attending Ranger games since I can remember. Nothing was more enjoyable as a 7 year old than sneaking out of my room on a Sat. Night turning on the tube watching Hockey Night in Canada from the Forum with Roget Ducet belting out the National Anthem; then the warm welcoming O’Canada. Our 1994 Cup was the single happiest moment of all my 65+ sport fandom and swore that night if I woke up dead, I’d still have a smile on my face.
You have to not know your ass from your hockey elbow to know the Canes are a superior hockey Team overall than the Rangers. But with 4 games at MSG, hopefully hot Igor and a Team that has a lot to prove, we will prevail. It should be a great Series. And no doubt even in the middle of the night, i will do my best not to miss a puck dropped.

Yeah it deserves to be a great series. Hopefully the canes didn’t use up all their puck luck in the isles series.

I’ve been watching and attending Ranger games since I can remember. Nothing was more enjoyable as a 7 year old than sneaking out of my room on a Sat. Night turning on the tube watching Hockey Night in Canada from the Forum with Roget Ducet belting out the National Anthem; then the warm welcoming O’Canada. Our 1994 Cup was the single happiest moment of all my 65+ sport fandom and swore that night if I woke up dead, I’d still have a smile on my face.
You have to not know your ass from your hockey elbow to know the Canes are a superior hockey Team overall than the Rangers. But with 4 games at MSG, hopefully hot Igor and a Team that has a lot to prove, we will prevail. It should be a great Series. And no doubt even in the middle of the night, i will do my best not to miss a puck dropped.

Al Frazin was my great-grandfather. Heard he was a good announcer.

Frazin was an original. Public address announcer at MSG. Great voice and rep.

Much more likely to start Sunday, as the Knicks could have a potential Game 7 at home on Saturday, then potential Round 2 home games on Monday and Wednesday. Makes more sense to go Sunday/Tuesday for the Rangers home games. That would put the Canes in line for home games Thursday/Saturday.
Game 1 confirmed for Sunday, so looking like this is the likely setup. Suppose they could throw a days rest in for the West series to catch up

I mean we all agree Boston sucks, right? Not just the hockey team, but the entire city and the rubes that inhabit it. Good will hunting sucked.

Back