• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Today was a rough one. We looked like one of the games late in the season when we were really trying to hold off NJ for the Division and we would just whiff on shots, misplace passes, shank open goals, hit 10 posts, just nothing went our way. Gotta hope we can grab the fire again Tuesday and put them on their heels. If we come back to PNC with the series tied and off 2 straight losses, IDK if we can shake it off. Luckily we have a great home ice advantage.

As far as scheduling, anyone else notice that we're the only 2nd round series that doesn't get an extra day break anywhere in the series? All 3 other series have a 2 day break built in at some point. Not sure that it matters, but feels off.

Any predictions on the Lottery tomorrow night?
Even if we lose tomorrow and go back to Raleigh 2-2, I think we will be ok if we play better in game 4 and lose a close one. Another butt-whipping won't be good for the psyche. I missed game 4 - was Raanta sick? I thought he would start, and then Pyotr came on in relief.

Even if we lose tomorrow and go back to Raleigh 2-2, I think we will be ok if we play better in game 4 and lose a close one. Another butt-whipping won't be good for the psyche. I missed game 4 - was Raanta sick? I thought he would start, and then Pyotr came on in relief.

Yep. Report was that Raanta has been ill.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Anaheim picks 3rd, and the whole audience is in complete "hold your breath" mode when Vancouver's card doesn't come up at 11.

Then they get the viewership until the last two picks to see if the next McDavid goes to his hometown team.

I'm saying the "Dream" scenario would be Vancouver or Washington wins the #1 pick so either the hometown kid or the next world's greatest goal scorer replaces Ovie in Washington.

Last edited:
WTF....was it just me, or did they just announce San Jose at #4, and then cut to commercial saying Columbus was picking at #3?

Haha yes. Can't keep my teams straight.

Based on twitter, it seems like they accidentally edited in a Weekes soundclip before the commercial when the 3rd team wasn't to be announced until after.

Probably a just outcome with Chicago winning games late (if one of the outright tankers had to win it)

Last edited:
They totally botched this whole thing

And why is it that they think revealing #1 before #2 is more suspenseful?

Probably a just outcome with Chicago winning games late (if one of the outright tankers had to win it)
Nope. Columbus had to win a meaningless game against the Penguins to hand Anaheim the best chance at landing Bedard. They refused to tank all year unlike Anaheim and Chicago and the CBJ still got screwed, just like the previous 23 years in the league.

The NHL hates Columbus. Chelios even said "I don't care about Columbus" on the broadcast. The NHL is a joke.

I won't even go into how ESPIN revealed Columbus at number 3 before the card was ever turned over.

Cool that the NHL is going to reward a team that blatantly tanked all year long. And that covering up sexual abuse of prospects isn't a thing anymore.

In a draft where the top talent drops off after pick number 2, I'm not bitter at all.

The reveal was amateur hour. I rewound the tape wondering wtf Weekes was talking about before the commercial break. The entire lottery was completed and recorded before ESPN went to air, so that's on the Mouse production team.

I agree that Columbus 'lost' more by dropping to 3 than Anaheim to 2. Fantilli will presumably be a great selection for the Ducks.

Back