• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nice knowing you Johnny

My dad is a huge democrat from Moore County (same as Jedwards) and absolutely hates the guy. Not the least bit sad to see his demise (especially now that his ex-wife is at peace).

No, the subject of the thread is John Edwards, which is what Arlington made a post about.

Hilarious. I thought the complaint was bizarre, but it's nice to see I'm not alone. Apparently if you use any context to show just how much you dislike Edwards, jhmd feels that you've sullied the thread. Only insult Edwards with approved insults.

That post has absolutely nothing to do with John Edwards.

Commenting that a silver lining of Bush winning the election is that this conman wouldn't be in the executive branch on a thread about his indictment has plenty to do with John Edwards and is completely in context with the general subject matter of this thread.

Context.

Learn It
Live It
Love It

I need not have replied at all. Exactly right.

I know someone who really believed in him and donated money to his campaign. I should ask him how he feels about all this.

We know each other?

I believed in Johnny Reid, gave him money, and volunteered. As for how I feel, if he did all that was alleged, and I suspect that he did, then he deserves whatever is coming to him (and then some). He's not a good human.

No, it's about Edwards, as was my comment.

Good lord, you can't even agree when we agree.

You know we don't agree that the only redeeming thing about Bush's second term is the absence of John Edwards, so that's disingenuous.

The overarching point is that you couldn't judge this Dem without taking a swipe at a Pub. You couldn't help yourself, despite your professed neutrality.

The charade continues...

You're hyper-paranoid these days. Edwards is a scumbag, to such an extent that I'm glad he was kept from holding executive office even though I voted for him. It's a good thing that such a person never held national office. Does that work for your sensibilities? Is that politically-neutral enough for jhmd's Edwards-hate standards? Jeez. Get a massage or something.

And when did I profess neutrality? Once more, as succinctly as possible: I'm a liberal-minded person, just not a solid Democrat. To me, both parties are essentially the same thing--corporate shills. I have my own agenda, so I vote for whoever serves it best, and my vote is not based on whatever hat the candidate wears. About 1/3 of the time, that person tends to be a Republican.

This nuance is hard to follow? Your analysis with my mindset notwithstanding, I'm sure the 4 Pubs I voted for in the last election are happy I carried out "the charade" to such an extent. That's dedication!

In this context, Bush serves to illustrate how much I dislike Edwards. If I had a story about a Chinese robot that was more apt, I'd have used. Quit being needlessly argumentative. Or let's argue about something worth the bother instead.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone believed in this pseudo-Kennedy, ambulance chasing douchebag. He was such a hypocrite and phony, much like his running mate.

To be fair, Bush sucked and Cheney swallowed.

8/8/08 11:12am rjkarl wrote: "The story is 100% the same as the one about Clinton's black love child. But of course all the RWers attacking Edwards considering this story as Biblical truth simply because hate is their life's blood."

Awesome! I haven't forgot that quote either.:thumbsup:

All I've learned from this thread is that Clinton has a black love child

And that BSD is on suicide watch.

BTW, I'm also disgusted by Edwards. Can't believe I fell for his schtick.

Also, since this ended up in the middle district, any chance that George Holding stops freeloading on his position as AG of the eastern district? There is a pretty good guy waiting to take the spot.

And that BSD is on suicide watch.

BTW, I'm also disgusted by Edwards. Can't believe I fell for his schtick.

Also, since this ended up in the middle district, any chance that George Holding stops freeloading on his position as AG of the eastern district? There is a pretty good guy waiting to take the spot.

Hagan dropped the blue slip to replace him as USA minutes after the indictment was handed down.

We know each other?

I believed in Johnny Reid, gave him money, and volunteered. As for how I feel, if he did all that was alleged, and I suspect that he did, then he deserves whatever is coming to him (and then some). He's not a good human.

I have a tough time judging someone who lost a child. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, so I am reluctant to totally slay the man. Andrew Young (WFU SOL, BTW)'s book tends to paint Elizabeth as a less than sympathetic figure, God rest her soul. He's not the first or last powerful man to succumb to temptation.

As to the legal issues involved, he might slime out of it with a Clintonian follicular division, but it won't be as easy as he thinks. First, if this was a "gift" and not a campaign contribution, the USA needs to put that old rich bitch on the stand, and ask her a) how many six six digit gifts she gave when he wasn't running for POTUS, b) what was her subjective intent, and c) did she consider her gift "detached and disinterested generosity", and document that intent in real time with a Form 709? I have my doubts.

Hagan dropped the blue slip to replace him as USA minutes after the indictment was handed down.

But not Burr.

Your point in the other post about not judging somebody who lost a child has merit, as far as the infidelity goes. Not the lying, though.

yeah, the accounts of Elizabeth were pretty rough in Game Change.

Think Edwards is a really bad guy, but also think the gov may be overreaching, and will not be surprised if he beats this.

So, in retrospect, who is the "better" VP candidate - Edwards in '04 or Palin in '08?

That's a tough one. as a VP. Edwards is a scumbag, but I'd rather have him a heartbeat from being POTUS than Palin. She's an absolute idiot and not a good person either.

RJKarl said:
That's a tough one. as a VP. Edwards is a scumbag, but I'd rather have him a heartbeat from being POTUS than Palin. She's an absolute idiot and not a good person either.

Palin has definitely cornered the idiot market, but I didn't think Edwards was as morally bankrupt as he apparently is. Tough call, IMO. The fact that John Kerry is more likely to see 2012 than McCain is to see 2016 is probably the tiebreaker.

Back