• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita Whitlock

The problem is the smaller roster in the NFL demands everyone be able to contribute somehow to the 2-deep.

There are a lot of guys that technically have a position, but really make the team year in and year out because of their play on special teams. Coaches will overlook a guys ability to provide depth if they stand out. I think his best chance would be to convert to LB and kick ass on teams.

That was Johnny Dawkins at Duke in 1985. WFU won with Lee Garber playing center . Garber, Rudd , Green , Muggsy and Thomas Cline was a reserve Duke was ranked #1 Alarie, Dawkins, Bilas, Amaker and Henderson

There are a lot of guys that technically have a position, but really make the team year in and year out because of their play on special teams. Coaches will overlook a guys ability to provide depth if they stand out. I think his best chance would be to convert to LB and kick ass on teams.

I agree.

and from the Washington Post write up of the game, I give you the following quote. Somebody in DC may need new glasses. ( I highlighted the really good stuff).

"The Demon Deacons (4-3, 3-2 ACC) controlled the game in its entirety, from the first snap, when mammoth nose tackle Nikita Whitlock burst up the middle and sacked quarterback C.J. Brown for a 15-yard loss, to the final whistle, when Maryland (5-2, 1-2 ACC) trudged off BB&T Field with substantially fewer numbers than when it entered."

We are not 3-2 in the ACC

Yeah, I walk by Nikita a lot on campus. He's as tall as I am. 5'9".

Adjust your sarcasm meter, that terminology was tongue in cheek.

Because this guy is writing for the DC paper, and couldn't get Wake's ACC record correct, I hesitate to give credit for sarcasm when laziness and inaccuracy is the alternate possibility. How many people in DC would really know Nikita's size??????

The Washington Post reporter attended the game in W-S, and he should have been able see that Whitlock was smaller than the QB that he was throwing around like a rag doll. So, I assume that the mammoth comment was tongue in cheek, but he should have either put mammoth in quotes or identified his size in a parenthetical to let everyone else in on the joke to confirm the sarcasm.

That has to be one of the best opening quarters for a defensive player in Wake history.

At some point his lack of height becomes an asset. Again Muggsy like

Back