• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita's Layup off the Bottom of the Backboard

deacz

Reaction score
Can someone post this? Another instant classic.

I had to rewind that a few times to watch it again. It was almost as good as the game where he shot it backwards over his head without even looking at the basket

Pick on the dude all you want, but he and CJ play harder than anyone on that team. When you're this bad, effort is one of the few things that counts. I'm actually sad to see him go.

Pick on the dude all you want, but he and CJ play harder than anyone on that team. When you're this bad, effort is one of the few things that counts. I'm actually sad to see him go.

defs sad to see MY BOI Nikita leave. 110%-er true definition of culture CHANGE

There is no question he plays hard. I use think he was horrible but when he plays under control he does make some really nice plays.

If you are going to post that garbage then post is sick spin move from earlier in the game.

Nikita may not have the most talent on the team but he gave us everything he had to give.

Can someone post this? Another instant classic.

Hated to see that after he had played so well all game. Made a good move to get the shot but the bottom of the backboard is crazy.

Yea I don't get all the hate for Nikita. Guy busts his ass out there. I'm going to miss that guy.

haters-gonna-hate-puffin.jpg

I agree that he plays hard. But, you cannot possibly deny the humor in that shot. He now has missed both over and under the backboard this season. That is special.

Nikita is a spaz, but it's hard to pick on someone who always leaves it all on the floor.

Especially if you dig up comment from last year and the beginning of this year. A lot of experts here would have left him on the bench the whole season if they had their way.

Instead he became a respectable player for us.

Plus he had to overcome Bzz's lack of ability to coach players up.

If Wake gave me a roster spot I would bust my ass out there every minute I got in.

That in no way qualifies me to play significant minutes in high major college basketball.

It's Michael Drum logic. If he tries super hard and really loves Wake Forest then his value as a legitimate player is elevated.

Nikita was all we had this year. Yes, he should have been out there. However, to try to rationalize that he should sniff minutes on the floor in a rotation of any average team is LOWF mentality.

It's not Nikita's fault we don't have better players on the team. All he can control is his effort and he did give alot of effort and seemed to really love playing hoops for us.

I like him.

Nikita is the third worst offensive starter rating-wise since 2004 for Wake, he's only ahead of Gary Clark in 2006 and Ari Stewart last year.

Nikita is not good. He tries hard, but he's not good.

If Wake gave me a roster spot I would bust my ass out there every minute I got in.

That in no way qualifies me to play significant minutes in high major college basketball.

Well, unfortunately not everyone does. From the outside, I'd say Nikita worked the hardest.

Go back to the beginning of the season when board experts said he shouldn't even be on the court, flash forward to now, I doubt anyone could say this (and I'm talking about our current team not for any other team or some fictional future team).

Nikita is the third worst offensive starter rating-wise since 2004 for Wake, he's only ahead of Gary Clark in 2006 and Ari Stewart last year.

Nikita is not good. He tries hard, but he's not good.

Good enough to average 15 pts, 5 boards and 5.5 asst in his last 2 games.
Way to support! I love fans that don't mind stepping on a guy finishing his career well.

In Nikita's defense, I have no idea why he ended up with the ball outside the three point line with the clock winding down so many times this season. Get him the ball ten feet from the basket and he has a few serviceable moves. And when you play at his speed you're going to have those "moments" like kissing it off the bottom of the backboard. And the thing is we knew he was not known as even an average shooter when he transfered from Georgetown. The offer was a head scratcher for me. But he seems like a great kid and unlike Walker he gives a shit. You did good, Nikita.

Back