• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita's Layup off the Bottom of the Backboard

Good enough to average 15 pts, 5 boards and 5.5 asst in his last 2 games.
Way to support! I love fans that don't mind stepping on a guy finishing his career well.

I don't see what my quote has anything to do with "stepping on a guy finishing his career well", I was listing his actual statistics. Thanks for contributing though Doucheus

Yes, the guy fought hard and gave it his all, and we should appreciate his effort.

That still does not make his layup off the bottom of the backboard any less damn funny.

He really has done some things this year than almost seem impossible. The airball that was 20 feet long, the no look give a shit flip shot, the underside of the backboard, the side of the backboard many times, the wide right 3 today. I really like the kid but he does make me laugh sometimes.

Nikita's effort should be appreciated but effort does not always mask the lack of talent. In a season like this with depth problems, he was forced to play a lot and his shortcomings were magnified. I wonder if he would play within himself more, if there was more talent on this team, instead of consistently jacking up 3's when he is shooting about 10% for the season. Unfortunately we will never really know but I do applaud his competitive style of play and hope we watch a couple more games with Nikita playing like he has lately.

Last edited:
If Wake gave me a roster spot I would bust my ass out there every minute I got in.

That in no way qualifies me to play significant minutes in high major college basketball.

What a stupid, juvenile comment on a stupid, juvenile thread. Who on our bench should have gotten Nikita's minutes? The guy just played his last regular season game for Wake Forest University, he busts his butt all the time and gives his all for Wake Forest basketball. I'd put Nikita on the court any day of the week over some of the knucklehead prima donnas we've had suit up for Wake Forest in the past decade, who had far more talent than Nikita but not 1% of his character. One of them just got kicked off the team.

I must have looked away; when did this happen (game-clock wise)?

If somebody can give me a decent estimate... I'll throw a .gif together

What a stupid, juvenile comment on a stupid, juvenile thread. Who on our bench should have gotten Nikita's minutes? The guy just played his last regular season game for Wake Forest University, he busts his butt all the time and gives his all for Wake Forest basketball. I'd put Nikita on the court any day of the week over some of the knucklehead prima donnas we've had suit up for Wake Forest in the past decade, who had far more talent than Nikita but not 1% of his character. One of them just got kicked off the team.

good post. And it's not Nakita's fault he is the third best player on this team. Guy gave it his all every game. I will miss him.

FreeStateDeac will obviously be (or already is) the parent who has these made for his kid's soccer team:

26557-2T.jpg

To be clear; I'm much prouder to call Nikita a Deac than guys like Ty (agreeing with 1995 on that point).... and I'll gladly deal with more mediocre results if it means that the program has a clean/good image...

But to flip out & call people stupid and juvenile on a thread like this is total hypocrisy.

Nikita's a big boy; I'm sure that even he will eventually find humor in things like this:

nkta-h.gif

No one can fault his effort. But you can still applaud his effort and laugh at some of his ridiculous shots this year.

Last edited:
Went through the game thread & saw 'Nikita special' posted @ 1:47 p.m.; so that narrowed it down nicely.

nkta-h.gif

It happened so fast I first thought he was trying to pass back to someone.

luz our bench just kind of leans back like "well, shit". Carson looks to be about to do a double face palm

IMO, the point is I would expect this type of request to be found on the MD board (i.e. did you see what this Wake guy did) not the Wake board. I'm sure the intent was less malicious than some are perceiving it. But after a long miserable season, it is juvenile or amateurish to start a thread like this.

Given what our team is, Nikita turned out to be one of the positives for the year. Some whacky and strange shots sure but they are not from lack of effort.

That being said, I think Nikita would have been great as the 6th - 8th guy off the bench as an 'energy guy', but obviously we did not have enough talent to make that happen.

The players only read the Scout board. I think enough people have given Nikita credit for his effort and being a stand up guy.

If you are going to post that garbage then post is sick spin move from earlier in the game.

Nikita may not have the most talent on the team but he gave us everything he had to give.

lol at the Bzz cum-guzzler who blames the players for every mistake at every opportunity getting his panties in a wad when someone else says something negative about one of them. What a tool.

I guess you have to give Nikita props for having 7 times as many assists as our "point guard" today. Our starting guards combined for 74 minutes and 2 freaking assists. Bravo guys - bravo!

Edit - while we are passing out praise - kudos to Carson for his lone rebound today. Nothing like getting one assist from your PG and one rebound from your center.

Last edited:
lol at the Bzz cum-guzzler who blames the players for every mistake at every opportunity getting his panties in a wad when someone else says something negative about one of them. What a tool.

Just as long as your opinion is unbiased. Classy post.

I don't see what my quote has anything to do with "stepping on a guy finishing his career well", I was listing his actual statistics. Thanks for contributing though Doucheus

I guess you wouldn't get it. Internet message board warrior feels free to criticize anything that comes to mind and think nothing of it at all. It's like breathing to you.
Grow up, bro.

As the one who started this thread, I find some of these responses odd. If you can't find humor in something during season like this, you have issues. Nikita plays hard and with pride for Wake; I don't think many fail to appreciate that.

But, when someone misses a layup off the bottom of the backboard, it is funny, people. Just like when someone misses a shot over the top of the backboard. Some players make more goofy plays than others. That's not criticizing Nikita. That is laughing at a funny event. Good grief.

Back