• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikki Haley to speak at GOP Convention

Rick "Crook" Scott is speaking at the convention as well. That speaks volumes.

I honestly believe that many 'pubs would prefer Scott not speak at the convention, but given the convention is in Florida, probably no way around it...

just go read fits news. plenty of stories about haley's political moves & her personal moves.

I'm all for more attractive women on my TV set. I have no problem with this. Not scared in the least. I just think her national popularity is another example that anybody who yells "tax cuts" and "drill baby drill" can be a star in the Republican party.

I live in SC and didn't vote for her but she seems fine to me. Her primary focus, as far as I can tell, is traveling around the state to drum up new business/support current business. Not the best public speaker, imo, speech should be a snoozefest.

My buddy works for GA's Economic Development team and he says by far Haley does the best job out of the Southern gov's to bring in business. She personally calls and even visits/meets with every business that comes into SC or even is thinking about coming there...

Sounds like she should be working with the Chamber of Commerce or the EDC.

What else should a Governor do besides attempt to bring in more business to his/her State?

You can't be serious. Do you really think that the only job of a governor is greet potential businessmen when they visit the state? Kind of a "Welcome to South Carolina" version of "Welcome to Walmart"?

1. Bring in business
2. Pardon criminals
3. Attend functions of state

Pretty much my checklist for Governors. Anything more and they're prob doing too much.

OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nationally she's popular and I'm pretty sure the flaming libs that you hang out with don't care for her for political reasons.

My SC friends are pretty dang conservative, except for the trial lawyer and hospital administrator I know.

romney-haleyx-large.jpg

Awesome.

At this point, I think Romney is saying fuck it. I'm rich and no fucking way do I want that job.

Go's pissed because he's the only southern Republican who hasn't fucked her.

She's the female Bill Clinton (regarding sex) according to a SC Republican board member who shall remain nameless...unless he wants to out himself. :)

Sexist much? Didn't see liberals making these kinds of smears on Clinton. The old "woman = whore, man = playboy" foolishness. Shameful.

1. Their previous governor left the hemisphere without permission (or common sense) to cheat on not only his wife but the primary source of funding for his political career with some trade minister from Argentina and his aides claimed he was hiking the Appalachian Trail. Same state that Jake Knotts and Joe Wilson call home. This Haley thing doesn't even register compared to that, does it? Shouldn't, except that she's a woman.

2. Far worse never caused Clinton's ambitions to be derailed. What's the difference...oh yeah, right.

3. Is there anything newer than a two year old blog post? Or did all of that lawyering up go nowhere?

I reiterate. Shameful. I don't care if she did it or not, really. What's good for the philanderer-in-chief is good for all.

most of the information came out when she was, you know, running for governor.

and yes, my previous governor was also quite dumb when it came to his personal life.

just google nikki haley affairs, all the relevant information is out there.

Back