• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIL collective starts for WFU

bcobbdeacs

Reaction score
Was able to attend an NIL meeting presented by the Wake NIL board and the Administrators. You can start to participate now. The website is rollthequad.com. You can join for as low as $5/month and up. You can also make larger one time gifts, I signed up for $50/ month and will supplement with larger gifts bimonthly. All Wake Forest fans are needed. It is needed for retention of players and to help with recruiting elite prospects. I will be glad to answer questions if I can. You are needed!

Was able to attend an NIL meeting presented by the Wake NIL board and the Administrators. You can start to participate now. The website is rollthequad.com. You can join for as low as $5/month and up. You can also make larger one time gifts, I signed up for $50/ month and will supplement with larger gifts bimonthly. All Wake Forest fans are needed. It is needed for retention of players and to help with recruiting elite prospects. I will be glad to answer questions if I can. You are needed!
I hate nil.

Are they envisioning earmarking all the money for the top players in revenue sports or does the collective want to share the funds equally across all our athletes? Or something in between?

Most of money will go to major revenue sports but there will be money for all sport, if you join you can earmark your funds for a particular sport. I went with the General gift because it will help all sports. Hope that answers.

I think each coach will decide how much each participant will Recieve but it is my understanding that all scholarship holders will receive some income

How, if at all, does any of this have to do with the Name, Image, and Likeness of our athletes? How is giving our money to RTQ a "gift" if it's supposedly for a business and not us giving money to players? Collectives are such bullshit lol. Just make athletic departments paying them legal, at least that would be honest.

If they’re hoping for the $50-$100 a month crowd, they really should be advertising this better. I assumed that I’d basically only heard about this on this board because they were looking for people donating millions.

How, if at all, does any of this have to do with the Name, Image, and Likeness of our athletes? How is giving our money to RTQ a "gift" if it's supposedly for a business and not us giving money to players? Collectives are such bullshit lol. Just make athletic departments paying them legal, at least that would be honest.
From what I heard at the meeting, it is felt that this is likely to be what occurs in the next 5 to 10 years

If they’re hoping for the $50-$100 a month crowd, they really should be advertising this better. I assumed that I’d basically only heard about this on this board because they were looking for people donating millions.
It appears they have been working on the big hitters for the last 4 months and are just starting to spread the word, I asked if the administrators wanted me to start a thread on the boards to help and was given a hearty thumbs up. I think you will hear more as time goes on, just think of my efforts as a first unsolicited ask.

I think each coach will decide how much each participant will Recieve but it is my understanding that all scholarship holders will receive some income
Is this even legal under current rules? Assuming there are any rules?!

We're coming to the point where college sports at a certain level will be 100% a business that is primarily only connected to the universities by use of the university name, i.e. players will not be a student of the university, and coaches and support staff will to be employed by the university. A lot of fans will still be interested in supporting their team (as evidenced by UNC bb players not attending legit classes for almost 20 years and nobody in Chapel Hill seemed to notice, much less care), but many others will move on.

Schools can request donors provide funds to collectives and other NIL entities, provided the schools do not request that those funds be directed to a specific sport or student-athlete.

per the NCAA website

Schools can request donors provide funds to collectives and other NIL entities, provided the schools do not request that those funds be directed to a specific sport or student-athlete.

per the NCAA website
They must have worked out the individual sports because you can designate the money you give to a specific sport if you wish

Is this even legal under current rules? Assuming there are any rules?!

We're coming to the point where college sports at a certain level will be 100% a business that is primarily only connected to the universities by use of the university name, i.e. players will not be a student of the university, and coaches and support staff will to be employed by the university. A lot of fans will still be interested in supporting their team (as evidenced by UNC bb players not attending legit classes for almost 20 years and nobody in Chapel Hill seemed to notice, much less care), but many others will move on.
Any expenditures to specific players have to have board approval, however I can’t think if a coach has a 5 star recruit that is being offered 400,000 from another school that the board would deny a request from the coach to match. Don’t forget the people on the board want to win like you do also

They must have worked out the individual sports because you can designate the money you give to a specific sport if you wish
I think it refers to the coach saying hey...we need $500k for this kid. in theory. but who knows..it's the NCAA they make it up as they go

Back