• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIL collective starts for WFU

They must have worked out the individual sports because you can designate the money you give to a specific sport if you wish
Yeah because it's not the school(coaches/currie/etc) that's designating it. All the school has to say is "hey support this new NIL entity" and the contributors can decide where it goes. It would be against the rules if Currie says "go support Roll The Quad to keep Jasheen Davis from transferring"

the entities can do what they want it just can't be directed by the school

How, if at all, does any of this have to do with the Name, Image, and Likeness of our athletes? How is giving our money to RTQ a "gift" if it's supposedly for a business and not us giving money to players? Collectives are such bullshit lol. Just make athletic departments paying them legal, at least that would be honest.

Then UNC players would be state employees subject to Open Records Requests?

Then UNC players would be state employees subject to Open Records Requests?
If the athletes at u*NC-CH became employee athletes, then it would logically follow that all athletes at all schools within the university system would be as well. That could get interesting.

If the athletes at u*NC-CH became employee athletes, then it would logically follow that all athletes at all schools within the university system would be as well. That could get interesting.
I think it’s a lot more sensible than the current system which basically uses sometimes sketchy entities with names like “collectives” to provide a means for a booster to pay a player without it being directly from booster to player. I don’t think some people care to understand wtf a collective is lol but it's such a weird concept and very dishonest.

The analogy I would use is that the collective is the guy takes the money from the high schooler in the parking lot and goes in and buys the alcohol from the liquor store. The end result is the minor receiving alcohol, but the transaction itself is made legal because the intermediary is an adult, or in this case a collective pretending to be advertising through the players. That's all RTQ is. Support it if you wish because at the end of the day it's the only way in this current ridiculous environment to remain competitive, but all it is is an organization allowing you to separate yourself from an otherwise illegal payment of a player.

Last edited:
Was able to attend an NIL meeting presented by the Wake NIL board and the Administrators. You can start to participate now. The website is rollthequad.com. You can join for as low as $5/month and up. You can also make larger one time gifts, I signed up for $50/ month and will supplement with larger gifts bimonthly. All Wake Forest fans are needed. It is needed for retention of players and to help with recruiting elite prospects. I will be glad to answer questions if I can. You are needed!
Been giving to Roll the Quad NIL since December. Can do it by credit card every month!

Props to TheReff and Cobb for taking this thread to encourage folks to give.

The more typical Wake Forest alum response to NIL is “but wait, I liked it when Jimmy Carter was President. I’m out this is stupid.”

While Duke and UNC keep setting themselves up for another 100 years, we whine and bitch and do nothing. It’s almost like Wake alums embrace the “we are a huge underdog and it’s fun to upset folks.” Good news, because of your own pathetic life decisions, Wake will continue to be a giant underdog the remainder of this Century.

L'il donnie 5k skipping through the garden (where are those car keys again? I gotta get an air tag or maybe a little chirping noise maker... can i clap on??) and patting himself on the back. Look at meeeeeeeeeee ! !

We are literally going to have to pay something to retain every player that is currently in the rotation, and will have to pay to bring people in. Question is how many are worth paying to come back in the current rotation? I

I like capitalism. I like it so much that I recognize when I see it. I also like it enough to know that I don't like where it has gone in the past 70 or so years.

Shocking. Just shocking that so many people buy this bullshit. I'm not paying a fucking dime to this shit just like I haven't paid a dime to "scholarship funds" from a university with an endowment in the BILLIONS. My money will go to causes that matter and don't help the rich stay richer. Thanks.

Insane. Just truly insane.

Lulz - Someone please alert RTQ that they would be better off shutting down operations now as the organizer of the uber-successful BzzzOut protest at the Joel doesn't want to contribute.

Winter arrived late for RTQ!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1360433874752-jpg.579

Never knew former press secretary, and now MSNBC star, Jen Psaki was at the Joel that day supporting the cause

Thank you to the OP for the thread.

We understand that there are a lot of questions pertaining to NIL and Collectives. We also know that NIL / collectives are not everyone's cup of tea. That said, it's here and it's real. It's either get on the train, or be left at the station. We want everyone that posts here to know that we're going to be doing everything we can - legally - to ensure that our Demon Deacons remain competitive in an ever-changing landsacpe.

There are opportunities for both individuals and businesses to join the collective. If you have joined already - thank you. If you haven't, I'd like you to please consider doing so. It's going to take all of us. More than happy to connect and answer your questions and conerns the best that I can (whether that's here or offline). Go Deacs.

Any expenditures to specific players have to have board approval, however I can’t think if a coach has a 5 star recruit that is being offered 400,000 from another school that the board would deny a request from the coach to match. Don’t forget the people on the board want to win like you do also

Is this board comprised of the same group of people who pushed the stupid ass "bad culture" narrative in the switch from Gaudio to [Redacted]?

Back