• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

The only thing the NIT had going for it was Madison Square Garden.

So, they moved it to "storied" Hinkle Fieldhouse or whatever. Lame.
I agree that MSG was the big draw for the NIT. But Hinkle is a pretty historic arena.

Wake doesn't lose games in the Mecca.

I just hope that we don't have a contract with a soprano group or some other silliness preventing three home games.

This is the same admin who forced our award-winning play-by-play announcer home from the College World Series to emcee a renaming ceremony. So.... nothing would surprise me.

I think app will have more fans there than we will

Surely App will bring folks but you do understand that they drew less than 5k for their next to last home game and 7k for their final home game, correct?

Let's assume only 7,000 Wake fans attend the game. You think App will bring more fans to the Joel and exceed the number which attended either of their final 2 home games?

Surely App will bring folks but you do understand that they drew less than 5k for their next to last home game and 7k for their final home game, correct?

Let's assume only 7,000 Wake fans attend the game. You think App will bring more fans to the Joel and exceed the number which attended either of their final 2 home games?
The problem is there will not be 7k Wake fans. Expecting much lower

I'm honored, Kent Newsome. Had no idea my "why don't you bet money on the game outcomes if so confident Wake will lose" post would be so triggering to you.

But according to board bylaws, you must post proof of the prior $1,000 NIL contribution or it didn't happen. Sorry about that but I don't make the rules around here.

Here's my proposal: Will happily retire the Col Angus handle If you and some of the other ogboard'ers who post quite often yet allegedly don't really care about Wake athletics can raise $10,000 for Wake NIL. And it can come from multiple posters (i.e. 100 posters each giving $100) as this isn't all on your narrow shoulders.

Do we have a deal?
Everything you say is a projection, dude
And on that note, I just wanted to say thank you again for continuing to come to ogboards despite you telling us constantly how little you think about this message board. Your clicks and views are truly a blessing.

There is definitely that chance. Their arena only holds 8,000. And there are 19,000 App alumni in the Piedmont Triad.

BTW, announced attendance for the 2022 first round NIT game between Towson and WF was 4,081

VCU game was 4,341

App last year in the regular season was 7,781 which was more than the home game vs. UGA (the night before the home football game vs UNC) a few weeks earlier

Lotta micro stories out here for the Deacs...

UGa, LSU, Utah all here from early season loss fame for Wake.

VT, BC...our historic rivals. SMU about to join that group.

Baggage with OSU. History with Xavier. Richmond was on the list offering Reid in the portal, right? We used to play them all the time until they started routinely beating us in the lost decade.

Butler....shudder.

Iowa is going to steal our coach on the spot I'm told.

I'll be watching.

This. NIT games do not draw large crowds (see our numbers from 2022) and App fans would love to beat an ACC team. Not to mention all the thousands of App grads that live in the area.
App also attracts a ton of fans who didn’t attend the school. It’s really an identity thing for Western NCers. I mean heck their name is the Mountaineers.

App is also coming off one of their best seasons ever so their fans will come and support

I'm honored, Kent Newsome. Had no idea my "why don't you bet money on the game outcomes if so confident Wake will lose" post would be so triggering to you.

But according to board bylaws, you must post proof of the prior $1,000 NIL contribution or it didn't happen. Sorry about that but I don't make the rules around here.

Here's my proposal: Will happily retire the Col Angus handle If you and some of the other ogboard'ers who post quite often yet allegedly don't really care about Wake athletics can raise $10,000 for Wake NIL. And it can come from multiple posters (i.e. 100 posters each giving $100) as this isn't all on your narrow shoulders.

Do we have a deal?
Just let me know where to send the check, Your Excellency.

App fans will flood the Joel. They have a big inferiority complex when it comes to the ACC and relish taking down Wake. Combine that with their lifetime 0-fer record against us in hoops, the revenge factor from the 2022 game, Wake's lack of motivation due to missing the NCAAs, and you have the ingredients for an ugly loss. Prove us wrong Deacs!

Wake App.png

Several lower level sections don't have any available tickets. I bought two in 117 this morning and looks like they're all gone.

Back