• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

It's not that we are too good for the NIT but that there just isn't any upside to it.

Agree there is zero upside in playing App as it's a no win situation.

But more games for a team expected to return 80% of its starting lineup next season has upside especially with so many proclaiming ForbesOut!!11! without a tourney bid in '24-'25.

Saw Auburn play @ App State this year. App is pretty good, but Auburn was missing a ton of shots that I guess they usually make. Would love to smoke App with their best team in school history and then have their coach leave for Duquesne or wherever.

Which is why the NIT is stupid. I can't imagine anyone caring in the least much less getting up for it.

I'm assuming those on here that can't imagine Wake passing on the NIT will still be glad we played when app runs train on us in front of a home crowd in the Joel. They have something to play for, we do not. Hell even when we had something to play for it didn't get us up. What a waste of time. At least the app fans I know won't get any enjoyment ribbing me if they win.

It's not that we are too good for the NIT but that there just isn't any upside to it.
Hard to say, but then again what is the upside when a 6-6 football team gets to go play in the Birmingham Bowl? Extra practices is what the coaches always say.

I’m laughing at you for giving a shit about the NIT
That's cuz you fair weather. With only a few hundred posts like me. But do not disparage the hard cores! And of course you will stay tuned to the outcome. But will probably deny it.

Hard to say, but then again what is the upside when a 6-6 football team gets to go play in the Birmingham Bowl? Extra practices is what the coaches always say.
Football is a much different animal with # of practices, games, and pro prospects. ::

I still think Wake has royally fucked up the ticketing situation.

Our link never worked to buy our season tickets. Last night when the email came out. This morning before 9. Never.

I don't see any tickets anywhere close to us available for purchase, and nobody that I'm in communication with (in our section) was able to purchase their own.

Last edited:
I’m seeing tickets in the lower bowl for $45-$50 each on stubhub

So I watch a lot of South Carolina games and they were really good this year but Auburn absolutely crushed them both times they played. That fact that app st beat auburn makes me nervous.

So I watch a lot of South Carolina games and they were really good this year but Auburn absolutely crushed them both times they played. That fact that app st beat auburn makes me nervous.
Gotta love the transitive property

Pretty sure he's referring to the #4 seed in the ACC Tournament.

How 'bout your SOONERS!!!

OK, that makes more sense then.

The Sooners got what they deserved. Their season parallels Wake's in a lot of ways. A couple of nice wins and a lot of failure in crunch time. I never bought that they were a sure thing, especially the way they finished. The Big XII being a buzzsaw was pretty much their strongest argument. I was hoping for an NIT matchup with Wake, but oh well.

That is definitely true for football but not at all for basketball. My wife is an App grad alum.... They only care about football and def don't care about an NIT bid. They would pack our stadium out in the fall but I'm guessing they bring 1k for basketball in March
Guarantee they will be loud and proud Wednesday. They drowned us out at our home game last year

I don't feel good about this matchup, solely because I can't imagine the team getting up for this.
Maybe they will snap it together when all those App fans in the lower levels boo our guys when they run out of the tunnel.

Should provide off season motivation too.

Ticket update from Wake:

The lower level reserved tickets are sold out. Upper level general admission tickets remain.

Back