• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

Was at meeting in DC during the tournament and was told by one of the assistant AD’s that they were having serious discussions about reducing Joel size down to 11500 to 12000 with some other modifications and they hoped to have a plan by end of summer if possible, there are past plans to do this that have never been acted on. We shall see. I am not one that feels Joel needs to be downsized though.

Was at meeting in DC during the tournament and was told by one of the assistant AD’s that they were having serious discussions about reducing Joel size down to 11500 to 12000 with some other modifications and they hoped to have a plan by end of summer if possible, there are past plans to do this that have never been acted on. We shall see. I am not one that feels Joel needs to be downsized though.
So probably something like what State did at Reynolds? Think they raised the floor and removed seating.

There was another school that did that too, maybe JMU?

Sallis is only 29% from 3 since the Duke game and he missed some great looks last night. We will need him to step up if we want to beat higher quality teams going forward.
Parker also had looks that would have broken the game open - he seems to be missing his open looks now...

Sorry. Can you explain the pegging joke? I missed it.

Pegging is penetrative sex with a strap-on dildo, usually anal penetration. It is usually defined as a practice in which a woman penetrates the anus of a man.[4][3] The woman uses a strap-on dildo, often a siliconephallus, attached with a harness, or a strapless dildo (that also penetrates the pegger).[4] Lubricant is also used.[4]

What other questions do you have?

Just for context, it cost Northwestern $110M to take out 1,100 seats when they renovated Welsch-Ryan Arena in 2018.
$100K per seat to remove and replace? I’m in the wrong business. Or did they do a bunch of other work too? $110M to remove and replace seats is wild.

Is pegging the 2024 equivalent of Nuke wearing Annie’s undergarments on the mound?

Pegging has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Steely Dan is named after a dildo shoved in a dude’s bhole in a book from the 50s.
While Steeley Dan has always denied that “Deacon Blues” has any connection to Wake Forest, they did finally admit that their band name was inspired by their impression of what it must feel like to be a longtime Deacon fan.

Last edited:
$100K per seat to remove and replace? I’m in the wrong business. Or did they do a bunch of other work too? $110M to remove and replace seats is wild.
They did lots of modernization work as well, Welsch Ryan Arena looked closer to a large high school gym than a power conference's basketball arena beforehand - the entire place was closed for a full year and Northwestern was forced to play out at the AllState Arena in Rosemont, approximately 15 miles away. I'm pointing it out because it isn't as simple as just pulling seats out, you still have all of that space you have to deal with and reconfigure.

did you catch the stretch of the game, mid second half, where Cam single handedly pulled us ahead for good?
So, his obvious shortcomings shouldn't be improved upon? How can anyone argue that he too frequently makes poor decisions and refuses to give the ball up when he should? How many times have we seen him have a stretch like against App against Power 5 opponents vs. how poor decisions he makes with ball and it results in a turnover, blocked shot or missed poor shot? Yeah, he's tough, he plays hard on defense and I really don't wish he'd leave, but he also has that glaring weakness that has been readily discussed on this board. Again, I probably blame coaching more than I do him, Forbes should coach him up on making better decisions and then hold him to improving it.

Back