• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

Bizarre after game Clark had earlier in season where he played great D to lead a comeback that doesn’t see court all year until now. Just mind boggling he didn’t get more PT and who knows what he could have contributed offensively if ever able to build his confidence up. poor personnel mgmt for certain.
Seems like Forbes doesn't believe on giving a player a quality 3-4 minutes to contribute and give more guys a breather.

But the main bench story this season is we desperately needed someone to step up and got no more than a few bright spots. By the end of the season, PFred couldn't hit a shot, Monsanto wasn't even on the team, Keller wasn't any better than he was in November, Marsh was decent at best, MMM was a mere memory, and Clark played well enough on D to make us wonder if he could have done more.

And Canka was forgettable.

Up until now we haven’t used him for anything! Today we’re subbing for him. It makes zero sense.

It makes sense because we are missing Sallis and we are a team that plays 6 deep normally (7 if you count Marsh/Keller). With PFred starting, that changes the rotation, especially when he isn't splitting minutes with Monsanto. Whether Clark or anybody else should have been playing more this year is an argument to be made, but I saw nothing from anybody else today to indicate much hope for their futures. Did Clark ever shoot? At least Canka took shots.

Crazy stat… Georgia had 15 turnovers to Wake’s 8
Points off turnovers: Georgia 15 to Wake’s 6

Everyone knows Forbes is back next year. It doesn’t matter if he deserves to be or not. However, if he is unable to retain the core of the team: Reid, Carr, Cam, Boopie, and Parker he should be fired now. Without that core, we have no chance to dance next year. I suspect Forbes will fuck it up just like he did this year even if the core returns but he gets one last chance to prove he can do it at this level.

It makes sense because we are missing Sallis and we are a team that plays 6 deep normally (7 if you count Marsh/Keller). With PFred starting, that changes the rotation, especially when he isn't splitting minutes with Monsanto. Whether Clark or anybody else should have been playing more this year is an argument to be made, but I saw nothing from anybody else today to indicate much hope for their futures. Did Clark ever shoot? At least Canka took shots.
But we’ve lacked depth all season. We frequently discussed it. I’m not saying Clark should have even been sixth man, but if we’d been regularly using him, he probably would have been confident enough to shoot the ball today.

21 pts. Career high achieved. Shocking.
I’m sure that it’s not that the guys we give up career highs to game after game don’t get off to hot starts in other games, it’s that those other games are against teams that actually have coaches that make adjustments to keep those players from going on to have career highs.

clark stinks, just like marsh, keller and mmm. the fact those guys have had to play is a big part of our problem.
This. There’s also Canka. I think MMM is worth keeping, but we should kindly move Clark, Marsh, Canka and Keller along. We need players who can contribute immediately and we also have zero depth. The portal fixes both of those issues. Get to work, Steve.

Back