• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT Bound?

I was not aware that CBI teams had to pay $60K to host. In all seriousness I'm not sure WF could afford that right now. Assuming tix at $15 per, we'd have to get 4,000 people there to break even. Do not see 4,000 people lining up to watch a below .500 WF team host Quinnipiac in March.

And we have lost consistently in Atlanta, but we'll need to win there this year.

I do think FSU is going to come in over confident. They lost to Yale but seem to have righted the ship. Then again Hamliton isn't kaye, so I could see FSU laying an egg in Winston.

So FSU and UVA seem to be our best option for a shot at 9 wins. Kind of hard to make any argument for @State after the beat down last week.

from a schedule perspective we need to win 2 of the next 5 (which includes FSU and UVA games). After that we have 4 of the last 6 at home with dook being the only game we probably have no shot at.

And again I'm not saying all this is going to happen, but there is a scenario that could get us to 9 ACC wins (i.e. one 'big' upset and sweeping the bottom of the conference).

You seem to be overlooking the fact that it is incredibly unlikely we sweep "the bottom of the conference," considering that we are very much a part of that group.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that it is incredibly unlikely we sweep "the bottom of the conference," considering that we are very much a part of that group.

I think I've said it a couple of times, not saying it will happen just that what we 'need' to do is possible. As opposed to having to win the remaining UNC and dook games.

Of course if we win 8 or 9 ACC games we probably are not in the bottom of the conference. :)

I think I've said it a couple of times, not saying it will happen just that what we 'need' to do is possible. As opposed to having to win the remaining UNC and dook games.

Of course if we win 8 or 9 ACC games we probably are not in the bottom of the conference. :)

I'd settle for 6 conference wins and call it a day. Getting a first round ACC Tourney win would be gravy. That'd give us 15 regular season wins which I didn't think was possible. Was hoping to get to 13-14 at least and felt like that would've shown progress.

Sene is out 6 weeks. That makes an upset at UVA more possible.

It's like some of you haven't watched us play this year. I'm hoping for 2, maybe 3 more.

I'm not all bought into the Kenpom stats but if I understand his predictions his numbers say that 2-3 wins are very likely and 4 is not out of the question.

While there are a lot of factors that go into wins/losses, I think the four that will affect us the most.

- do we see the team improve as it goes into February (seems like we've been waiting 10 years for a team that is getting better late in the season)
- Can the core of our team (especially McKie and CJ) hold up having to log huge minutes
- does Chase find his shot or hit the freshman wall
- is Ty for real and continue to block and alter shots allowing our defense to push out on the perimeter

Clearly the game at Clemson will be a huge indicator of the possibilities for the rest of the season as it's a must win if we have hopes of 8/9 conference wins.

FWIW our two ACC wins have come in the 12pm games.

I just dont see us having any real shot at beating FSU, UNC, or State. Those are just terrible matchups for us and our lack of size.

Hope I'm wrong.

Tech isn't playing at Alexander this year, good chance to break the curse.

I've watched us play. But I've been watching the other ACC teams play as well.

Right on. I'll admit I watched football yesterday not basketball, but that UVA/Tech game must have been horrendous given the score.

Something's up with those numbers as posted. There can't be a 0.0% chance we end up with 11 or 12 wins (or 13, for that matter). Granted, it might be something like 0.000000001% or whatever, but it's not 0.0%.

I'm assuming the actual probability is too small for all the decimal places to be shown in the graphic.

You are correct that there is a nonzero chance that Wake finishes with those win totals. However, in the 50,000 simulations I ran, there were zero instances of it happening, which is where the 0% came from.

I'm not all bought into the Kenpom stats but if I understand his predictions his numbers say that 2-3 wins are very likely and 4 is not out of the question.

While there are a lot of factors that go into wins/losses, I think the four that will affect us the most.

- do we see the team improve as it goes into February (seems like we've been waiting 10 years for a team that is getting better late in the season)
- Can the core of our team (especially McKie and CJ) hold up having to log huge minutes
- does Chase find his shot or hit the freshman wall
- is Ty for real and continue to block and alter shots allowing our defense to push out on the perimeter

Clearly the game at Clemson will be a huge indicator of the possibilities for the rest of the season as it's a must win if we have hopes of 8/9 conference wins.

FWIW our two ACC wins have come in the 12pm games.

A plus of the Bzzzz culture - he emphasizes early bed times.

Don't see the nit happening. Still pretty fragile team and seems like a fragile staff to a degree.

We are going to possibly get hammered in some games soon and I worry we won't be able to psychologically rebound from them and win home games we should win. Hope I'm wrong but I think 5 more wins is the absolute ceiling

I suppose if Ty continues to be a phenom in the post defensively we can keep good teams out of their offensive rythmn

I do give bzd a lot of credit for getting the most out of Nikita and Ty

Some of the adjustments he's made I the last few weeks is get Nikita to work in the paint with his back to the basket and use hooks and he is also putting the ball in cj's hands with about 3 or 4 minutes left in games. Cj is attacking from the top of the key which Tony doesn't do cit has surprised the defense and he has got to the rim a lot. Great strategy as we don't let the shot clock run so low.

Just because you have a .500 record does not give you an NIT bid. And you have to pony up money for the CIT. Top 68 get NCAA bids, conference regular season winners that do not make the NCAA are guaranteed an NIT bid.

As bad as the ACC is this year, a team winning 20 games is not guaranteed an NIT spot.

Who cares that the CBI costs money? It's $60 grand. If the athletic department can't scrounge that up then we're in bigger trouble than anyone thought.

Who cares about post season basketball? We've already won the Super Bowl!

This season has been a success.

Back