• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No Labels third party ticket

So we have a professional services firm. We have some 1099 contractors. Every hour they work generates net income. I wouldn't consider their pay "coming out of our pocket" but adding to the bottom line.
Of course all sales generate income but everything spent comes out of the bottom line. All advertising done locally like doing something you see a group do for the local minor league baseball team. Same with any ads taken out in newspapers and/or social media and Google. There is a happy medium a small business has to balance. Doing things just because it is tax deductible is not a good reason to spend money.

Sole proprietorship works better in a lot of ways. Depends on one’s situation. Plus that is why one has plenty of business insurance, errors & omissions, plus professional liability insurance. (Not like a surgeon getting sued for millions for medical malpractice and needing an llc)

A single member llc is taxed just like a sole proprietorship, but for $200 a year you aren't personally responsible for the liabilities of the entity as long as you respect corporate boundries.

What does an agent actually do? Have never even exchanged emails with mine.

Of course all sales generate income but everything spent comes out of the bottom line. All advertising done locally like doing something you see a group do for the local minor league baseball team. Same with any ads taken out in newspapers and/or social media and Google. There is a happy medium a small business has to balance. Doing things just because it is tax deductible is not a good reason to spend money.

Sole proprietorship works better in a lot of ways. Depends on one’s situation. Plus that is why one has plenty of business insurance, errors & omissions, plus professional liability insurance. (Not like a surgeon getting sued for millions for medical malpractice and needing an llc)
I’m not sure you understand what everyone understands.

I'm genuinely curious. Please describe how the solo prop works better than a single member llc where you have employees.

I'm genuinely curious. Please describe how the solo prop works better than a single member llc where you have employees.
To each his own I guess. Most of us that started back in the 80’s with our older contracts never saw the need to change to an llc. To much trouble with accounts, company, govt, etc. Several did early and found it troublesome and came back to solo prop. Our CPA’s said the same thing and we had plenty of insurance coverage all the way around. Just wasn’t a big deal and worked out far more advantageous now in retirement with SS and other things. 40 years it worked out just fine.

Tax brackets for every individual also fell by 3-4% thru 2025 also. It wasn’t just for businesses. But the new corporate tax rate of 21% was certainly more fair and seemed to stimulate the economy.
What facts/data are you using to support that it stimulated the economy beyond where it was going anyway?

What facts/data are you using to support that it stimulated the economy beyond where it was going anyway?
Economy on the way up? Must have been thanks to the only legislative "accomplishment" donnie jenius was a part of. The 30% explosion is debt was well worth it to claim trump is responsible for the economy after he left office. We all know he was not responsible for the shape of the economy when he left office.

.... why would anyone register with No Labels? Doesn't that just mean you can't vote in the real primaries?

Lets check with @montybrewster he's an expert #noneoftheabove

Back