• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No Labels third party ticket

Smartest guy in the room files: s1 e7 if you have to tell people how smart you are... you aren't.

He’d have to pay that bean counter OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET TOO!
Self employed business people pay everything out of their pocket, including their CPA. All tax deductible of course.
The employer must remit the FICA amount as double as a requirement. Those of you who are employees would not know that. I would not expect those of you on the employee dole to know any of this if you have never employed anybody and done this. Nor even paid your own taxes quarterly.

Self employed business people pay everything out of their pocket, including their CPA. All tax deductible of course.
The employer must remit the FICA amount as double as a requirement. Those of you who are employees would not know that. I would not expect those of you on the employee dole to know any of this if you have never employed anybody and done this. Nor even paid your own taxes quarterly.
Everybody knows this lol.

you run a business and are the only owner. it isn't out of your pocket. i would imagine its structured as an llc

Imagine running a business and viewing your employees (aka the people working to make you money) as "on the dole."

Imagine thinking that about the people providing your livelihood.

Then again... perfectly on brand for republicans.

Also, I'm closing in on believing thereff is dead and he's got a kid that was designated the ogboards own the lib nusance in order to get that cool 20k inheritance. They found chat gpi.

Imagine running a business and viewing your employees (aka the people working to make you money) as "on the dole."

Imagine thinking that about the people providing your livelihood.

Then again... perfectly on brand for republicans.

Not to mention your customers who work for a living. But yeah, that’s the disdain Republicans have for the dupes who actually work for a living instead of exploiting labor.

you run a business and are the only owner. it isn't out of your pocket. i would imagine its structured as an llc
Sole proprietor is not an llc. Besides any business that has one owner has every single expense come off the gross revenue. Doesn’t matter whether it is payroll, utilities, payroll taxes, vacation, retirement benefits, etc. Everything left is net take home pay.

Paying payroll, utilities, etc helps you make more revenue. If it didn’t you wouldn’t pay it.

Sole proprietor is not an llc. Besides any business that has one owner has every single expense come off the gross revenue. Doesn’t matter whether it is payroll, utilities, payroll taxes, vacation, retirement benefits, etc. Everything left is net take home pay.
you ran an insurance agency without any llc protection? are you insane?

So we have a professional services firm. We have some 1099 contractors. Every hour they work generates net income. I wouldn't consider their pay "coming out of our pocket" but adding to the bottom line.

Don’t fall into his dumbshit rhetorical trap - “Overhead is an OOP expense” is the same argument as “Tax cuts aren’t government spending because that’s my money”. It’s the whole “taxation = theft” libertarian tea party bullshit.

Without knowing the day to day exposure of an insurance agent, I’m curious as to the relative benefits a sole proprietorship offers for the industry that outweighs the individual protection an LLC does.

Back when I was in business school we went on a student trip to Egypt. We were there for a couple weeks so at some point pretty much everyone in the group got sick with Pharoah's revenge or some version of it. With about 3 days left this one kid who worked for a consulting firm and thought very highly of himself asks for everyone's attention on the bus and says he's figured out something really important. He says, with 100% seriousness, that he has a theory; the locals grew up with the bacteria that has been making us sick so it doesn't affect them, but we grew up in America so it does affect us. He tried phrasing it in slightly different ways a number of times because he really, truly believed we just didn't understand his incredibly insightful, totally original take on one of the most basic ideas known by virtually every person who travels outside of their own country.

That's what these posts from TheReff are like. Although maybe with a little less comedic value because because it's via message board posts.

Back