• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Polictical Ukraine Thread (NOT the Non-Political Coronavirus Thread)

Also can’t discount how bullshit this probably all seems from their soldiers perspective. They were staged in what they were told were drills dealing with being cold, eating shitty food, omicron surge. Apparently some weren’t even told they were ever going to war, others probably that they were going to be liberators of their cousins. Next thing they know they’re being shot at, land is being fiercely contested, civilians are telling them to fuck off in their native language. Needless to say morale is probably lower than low as theirs no great reason for all this but the whims of a dictator.

I don't remember any of that in the new CoD campaign

i mean, what are we going to do if he uses a tactical nuke?

Scary shit but I'm thinking if the guy is getting as paranoid as we hear, either someone better spike his coffee or we're headed to a nuke show down.
Putin is not going to give up now till he takes Ukraine and that could be his Waterloo.

I grew up in Alaska, and no shit we did nuke drills multiple times per week where we hid under our desk.

Yeah, that’s why i said it. We did them in New York too, but not every week, like twice a year until 3rd grade.

there's just something women like about a pickup man.

Driving their tanks in, single file, for miles on end, like it's still 1940. Not protecting their fuel trucks. Recipe for disaster. Ukraine is a big, big place.

I'm told that the T-90s are quality tanks, but underarmored and they store ammo in the hull around the crew. Any penetration blows that up and probably decapitates the turret, which we've seen in pictures on TV. Russkies are aware of this flaw and have tried to counter it with added armor and defense, but the tanks in Ukraine don't appear to have those additions.

I'm told that the T-90s are quality tanks, but underarmored and they store ammo in the hull around the crew. Any penetration blows that up and probably decapitates the turret, which we've seen in pictures on TV. Russkies are aware of this flaw and have tried to counter it with added armor and defense, but the tanks in Ukraine don't appear to have those additions.

excellent username/commentary alignment

Crazy man is only going to respond to force/strength.

Standing up and clapping at an EU meeting as Zelensky raises his hand to wave good bye is not force of any kind.

Sending weapons is helpful, I suppose, presuming they get them and can use them very quickly.

Hard to see at this moment how this fiasco could turn out well. Almost all outcomes are bad, and some are incredibly so. The best possibility is for the Russian military to take Putin out in a coup. We have now arrived at a place where we need the Russian army to save the situation. Incredible but this is where we are.

Interesting that you chose to post in the non-political thread.

Back