• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

These dudes appear to be pretty disciplined...

_113139187_tv062187309.jpg

Caption: Protests were held in Austin, Texas, against the requirement to wear face coverings

His name was Robert Paulsen. His name was Robert Paulsen.

So why aren't we calling for society to be shut down until everyone stops drinking and driving?

We're not. And we're not calling for society to be shut down due to coronaplague. We're simply saying wash them hands, wear masks and socially distance where appropriate. In much the same way we're saying "sober up to a certain point (0.08 in NC I believe) before you drive."

Chances that someone who buys an anti-snowflake T-shirt is a huge snowflake? 95%? 99%?

Well, the guy is definitely "big" (man-boobs don't lie). And I dare say someone that spazzes out over the prosepct of wearing a little piece of cloth over your nose and mouth for an hour or so here and there, in order to protect the welfare of others, as well as the economy, is a snowflake. So yes, it appears he is a huge snowflake.

Okay, so how many of those people died from said large outbreak?

why do you think acting like a fucking prepubescent child will make you look intelligent? it doesn't, you come off like a complete imbecile.

it is pretty clear that you are so highly selfish and care so little about every one else and that putting just the smallest effort is too much for your delicate snowflake essence.

you are just willing to put people at risk...why?

So why aren't we calling for society to be shut down until everyone stops drinking and driving?

maybe just do your part, that is the only thing people are asking of you. nothing more

don't drink and drive.

wear a mask.

sooooooo much to ask, right?

I realize you're just trolling, but I'll take this bait given the level of inanity of this type of comment.

1. Drinking and driving is illegal. So ostensibly, society is shut down to drinking and driving. Even drinking without driving is highly regulated and legislated.
2. You can't unknowingly catch/spread drinking and driving. I don't know how many times this has to be said, but apparently it has to be more than whatever the current number is.
3. The hilarious part of this specious analogy is that most people get away with drinking and driving by being careful. Safe driving, wearing a seatbelt, etc. So the equivalent of you know... wearing a mask and maintaining a safe distance.

He’s trolling. He already stated he personally wears a mask, he’s just playing the mid March trolling hits. Wouldn’t be as bad if there weren’t many others out there that believe that shit to this day.

Myrtle Beach has always been a cesspool

nothing new

I saw a bunch of SC counties/beaches put out new mask restrictions this week, lacking in that announcement was any mention of Myrtle Beach. The type of people that places draws are already going to disregard any order.

I saw a bunch of SC counties/beaches put out new mask restrictions this week, lacking in that announcement was any mention of Myrtle Beach. The type of people that places draws are already going to disregard any order.

I believe at least North Myrtle Beach has mask requirements in place.

Even if Horry implemented mask requirements, I guaran-dam-tee you the sheriff would go on the record saying he wouldn't enforce it. An NC county bordering Horry has done just that.

On the other hand, for a ray of sunshine, while in that county, I just went into a small hardware store, fully expecting defiance but the store had a sign saying they required them and 80% of the people were indeed wearing one.

Even if Horry implemented mask requirements, I guaran-dam-tee you the sheriff would go on the record saying he wouldn't enforce it. An NC county bordering Horry has done just that.

On the other hand, for a ray of sunshine, while in that county, I just went into a small hardware store, fully expecting defiance but the store had a sign saying they required them and 80% of the people were indeed wearing one.

Yeah, my local Ace Hardware is pretty strict about masking. Makes me feel better going there rather than Lowe’s.

They bitched and moaned to be able to get haircuts and go to Olive Garden but won’t make one consolation. Just awful people.

Straight up EMBARRASSING.

the City of Myrtle Beach is voting on it tomorrow, 4 out of 7 city council members (including the mayor) have already signaled that they'll vote for it. It'll pass. North Myrtle passed it on Tuesday.

I believe at least North Myrtle Beach has mask requirements in place.

Yup, passed on Tuesday, goes into effect Thursday.

Georgetown County (borders Horry to the South and has Pawleys Island, Litchfield, etc) is set to vote on it tomorrow as well and that'll pass. Horry County is quite large, so if you go to any of the cities that I'd imagine a tourist would want to go to there should be something in place soon enough.

Back