• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Our problem is and will continue to be a lack of centralized response. Many factors go into testing that could be helped with additional support. First, supply chains need to be propped up from the simplest thing like swabs to the back end reagents there are still shortages everywhere. Next, the number of testing sights which is limited by supply chains and people to staff them. Then finally, testing capacity, which also starts with people, companies are limited by size, equipment, but most of all people. The abbot test is almost idiot proof I could write and SOP that has a high school kid run it but they are being limited to people that need to be tested frequently like healthcare workers and apparently athletes. Other than that you are asking companies to do thousands of more tests than they are use to and burn out is real. Its an exponential problem, more cases, more tests, further behind we get, more cases, and so on. Most tests are labor intensive, require strict guidelines because its human patient samples, and regulations are overbearing and cumbersome. More people, more training, more equipment, more reagents, more tests.

It's a shame everyone is back to work and we don't have the bodies available to help out at a testing site.

Yeah I haven't figured that out, the contact tracing was an absolute joke, I think in GA they were offering 8 dollars an hour. Most likely its a doing what America does best and is being cheap where it actually counts.

There are instances during which an authoritarian government has it’s advantages.

Functioning government. Our federal government never actually tried to address the virus. They treated it like a state and individual issue from the beginning.

Functioning government. Our federal government never actually tried to address the virus. They treated it like a state and individual issue from the beginning.

This is true. Trump basically abdicated his responsibility and has since made up shit and flat out lied about the realities.

I have to get a rapid test done to travel to the USVI next week.

No problem finding multiple rapid testing location near Austin, for people even with no symptoms. Sorry the rest of you fools live in third world America.

Pretty shitty to gloat during a pandemic.

I think since WFcatamount22 is a Covid SURVIVOR he has earned the right. Should he have been eating inside a restaurant during said pandemic? Probably not, but that's a discussion for another day.

No worries. Dolt 45 gave his march 12 corona speech today so we're good now.

I think since WFcatamount22 is a Covid SURVIVOR he has earned the right. Should he have been eating inside a restaurant during said pandemic? Probably not, but that's a discussion for another day.
The restaurant was a 100% outdoors, but yea point made.

Remember when he had Kushner claim that our national stockpile was not for the states :dumb:

US returns to over 1,000+ daily Covid deaths while continuing to face shortages in PPE, medical equipment, medicine, and testing! Meanwhile, half the country continues to think this is NBD. USA is number 1 in stupidity.

US returns to over 1,000+ daily Covid deaths while continuing to face shortages in PPE, medical equipment, medicine, and testing! Meanwhile, half the country continues to think this is NBD. USA is number 1 in stupidity.

I would say over 50%. Almost all Republicans, and most everyone under 30

Back