• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Not the worst considering either I got it at the same spot they could have while they saw me taking precautions, or if I had it before, then it would have been some random one off that also could happen to anyone (grocery store, pickup counter etc). It’s not like I’ve been going to motorcycle rallies or anything. I’m still pretty confused and angry, but that could just be the Covid brain.

COVID brain is the real deal. I still am I but foggy and have been back to "work" all week. Rest up and drink some coffee!

Nope. I drive a car. In mount airy today and sone lady was parallel parking and hit me. She gets out of her car, without a mask of course, And gets in my face with her 3 missing teeth and disgusting breath and starts spouting out how sorry she is and that the blind spot "in her mirror" is foggy and that if I don't believe her I could get in the front seat and look for myself.

I saw there was no damage, slowly walked back to my car, said it's all good and closed my door. She stood outside my car talking to me for another 30 seconds as if she was making a good case for herself.

Things are getting bad quickly in NC. Hospitalizations and ICU patients are going up fast. Wear a mask and distance.

Nope. I drive a car. In mount airy today and sone lady was parallel parking and hit me. She gets out of her car, without a mask of course, And gets in my face with her 3 missing teeth and disgusting breath and starts spouting out how sorry she is and that the blind spot "in her mirror" is foggy and that if I don't believe her I could get in the front seat and look for myself.

I saw there was no damage, slowly walked back to my car, said it's all good and closed my door. She stood outside my car talking to me for another 30 seconds as if she was making a good case for herself.

Meths a hellava drug.

Trump surrenders! Enemy runs rampant through your neighborhoods killing over 700 a day and wounding over 60,000.

Things are getting bad quickly in NC. Hospitalizations and ICU patients are going up fast. Wear a mask and distance.

Yeah, kids and parents are both getting it around here. Everybody I know is recovering completely though. A friend of mine's daughter at Georgia thinks she has it for the second time.

Yeah, kids and parents are both getting it around here. Everybody I know is recovering completely though. A friend of mine's daughter at Georgia thinks she has it for the second time.

I don't wanna sound overly optimistic, but at this point, it seems like doctors know how to treat COVID so that the outcomes mirror the flu - old and sick people are still dying, but it's really rare to hear of someone outside of a nursing home dying.

Sure, but people I know are not receiving any actual treatment. They're just magically recovering. One girl, HS senior, had it pretty bad though.

Sure, but people I know are not receiving any actual treatment. They're just magically recovering. One girl, HS senior, had it pretty bad though.

It's a mixed bag for me. Folks in my Pinehurst/Southern Pines circle have been getting O2 at times; but you're right, most are just grunting it out.

I don't wanna sound overly optimistic, but at this point, it seems like doctors know how to treat COVID so that the outcomes mirror the flu - old and sick people are still dying, but it's really rare to hear of someone outside of a nursing home dying.

This is overly optimistic. The number of deaths in the US is rising and will continue to go up. From my first hand perspective, the number of ICU patients is also rising fast. This could get really bad, quickly.

a Jags player is gonna miss the season due to COVID complications and you gotta imagine he's in p good shape

18 year-old from the suburbs was a freshman in college just passed away

looks like he got it at school (Dayton) and then battled for several months before passing away -- no reports of pre-existing disorders

just awful

Germany and France announcing serious national lockdowns today. Obviously we won’t have a national mandate here (we are rounding the corner!) but a preview of where we are headed over the next few weeks. Expecting a dark winter as a country. Stay safe friends.

Germany and France announcing serious national lockdowns today. Obviously we won’t have a national mandate here (we are rounding the corner!) but a preview of where we are headed over the next few weeks. Expecting a dark winter as a country. Stay safe friends.

see? not Trump's fault here since other countries can't contain their own.

Back