• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

We traveled to St. John in Oct. with 4 other couples. I have never felt safer. Everyone on the flight had a negative test. People on the island were super diligent and safe - at the time there had only been like two cases on the whole island. The only sketchy part was traveling through airports and we just tried to stay away from others, obviously wore masks at all times, and used a crap ton of hand sanitizer.

On the island we got a lot of takeout, cooked at home, wore masks anytime we were inside (people would yell at you if you didn't), and spent a lot of time on the beaches and hiking outside. We ate at a restaurant twice and sat outside both times.

We behave similarly here - eat takeout, eat outside if at a restaurant, wear masks in public, etc. - but we have not quarantined ourselves to an extreme level or avoided all interactions. To me, the only way to be careful long term is to strike a balance that you are personally comfortable with.

Two of the ten of us had covid months before the trip. Nobody got sick and none of us have gotten sick since.

I told before that my daughter had covid back in May or June. She got tested the other day and still has antibodies - so that is a good sign for how long they last.

Lol fuck we’re so fucked

“Personal comfort is the overriding concern when it comes to managing this pandemic”
-Dr. Anthony Fauci

Lol fuck we’re so fucked

317k+ and rising are more than fucked. They. Are. Dead.

Fuck every selfish one of you trying your best to pretend things are normal so you can have fun.

The greatest generation inadvertently ushered in the most selfish generations.

Boomers are the absolute worst. Gen Xers only slightly better. Then trust fund millennials like cata so bad

You stayed in a house with four other couples? Fuck right off.

Fuck you too. What exactly do you see so horrible about that? We were all tested right before we went. We are all careful in our day to day lives. We were all careful in public to distance and wear masks, etc. etc. So why the horror?

We peed in the woods and behind a Bojangles dumpster on our way to the beach house. We took all necessary precautions.

317k+ and rising are more than fucked. They. Are. Dead.

Fuck every selfish one of you trying your best to pretend things are normal so you can have fun.

The greatest generation inadvertently ushered in the most selfish generations.

Who the fuck is acting like things are normal? I don't remember wearing a mask every time I'm in public when things were normal. I don't remember refusing to eat inside a restaurant when things were normal. When we drop groceries off at my in-laws living facility we sign in, have our temperature taken, stay away from them and wear masks the entire time - none of that seems normal. I haven't been to a bar for a beer since like March - not normal.

I am not an anti-mask virus denier - if I was I could understand the anger. My wife and daughter are in healthcare. My wife is a school nurse and they just successfully kept their school open for in-person classes for the entire semester - she has worked her ass off to keep those kids safe and is very proud of that accomplishment, as she should be.

If we are fucked it is not because of people like us, trust me on that.

Fuck you too. What exactly do you see so horrible about that? We were all tested right before we went. We are all careful in our day to day lives. We were all careful in public to distance and wear masks, etc. etc. So why the horror?
You didn’t listen to CDC protocols.

Dude...

Do you think all of those 315k dead folks were anti mask deniers or interacted directly with anti mask cartoon villains? Of course not. Shit happens when you’re dealing with a highly contagious airborne disease. Congrats on your good luck in not picking up covid yet through all the risks you’re taking.

Who the fuck is acting like things are normal? I don't remember wearing a mask every time I'm in public when things were normal. I don't remember refusing to eat inside a restaurant when things were normal. When we drop groceries off at my in-laws living facility we sign in, have our temperature taken, stay away from them and wear masks the entire time - none of that seems normal. I haven't been to a bar for a beer since like March - not normal.

I am not an anti-mask virus denier - if I was I could understand the anger. My wife and daughter are in healthcare. My wife is a school nurse and they just successfully kept their school open for in-person classes for the entire semester - she has worked her ass off to keep those kids safe and is very proud of that accomplishment, as she should be.

If we are fucked it is not because of people like us, trust me on that.

Your wife is a school nurse and flew to the Caribbean in October and stayed in a house with four other couples while her school was having in person classes?

I had one guy over 3x to play pinball. Had one other friend come over once to play pinball. Both during relatively low infection rate periods. That's the only times, outside of work, I've spent indoors with anyone since the beginning of March.

Went to my best friends place maybe 3-4 times to hang out outside. That's the absolute extent of my interactions, outside of work, in 10 months.

i'm glad i've lived in a prison with my wife and kids out of daycare for nearly a year so people could go on tropical vacations and feel super safe

It's all about the risks you feel like you should take, since personal freedom is all that matters.

Back